How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Why you should always listen to skydiving safety procedures


    Skydiving is extremely popular as an once-in-a-lifetime experience whilst on holiday and as a means to raise funds for charities. If you decide to ‘take the jump’, it is imperative for you to listen carefully to skydiving safety procedures. Here is why.

    The importance of listening to skydiving safety procedures

    Skydiving is a dangerous sport and even the slightest error could lead to serious, potentially fatal personal injuries. According to a five-year study carried out in Denmark, six out of 110,000 jumps resulted in fatalities. Another 155 jumps resulted in accidental injuries requiring medical treatment. A total of 176 injuries were sustained during these skydiving accidents, 63.1 per cent of which were fractures. The remaining 36.9 per cent of these skydiving injuries were soft tissue lesions of varying severity.

    Possible consequences of ignoring skydiving safety procedures

    Not following skydiving safety procedures could result in an array of injuries, including broken limbs, chronic back pain and even serious spinal injuries. Hitting your head on objects as you are falling or when landing on the ground could also cause injuries to the head and brain. When skydiving it is important to get yourself into the correct positions. Neck strains are a common injury for individuals who don’t follow guidelines.

    Skydiving operators

    Operators are required by law to ensure that equipment is regularly checked and maintained. They’re also required to ensure jumpers are trained in safety procedures. If you were injured in a skydiving accident because the equipment you were provided with was defective or because you were not properly trained in safety procedures, you could be eligible to make a compensation claim.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    Over the past 15 years and more, our in-house lawyers have assisted many victims of skydiving-related accidents get the compensation they deserved. We can help you get the compensation you are entitled to.

    Open Claim Calculator

    How to enlist our help

    To confirm that you do indeed have a claim, and to enlist the help of our experienced solicitors, all you have to do is call our freephone helpline and discuss your skydiving injury with one of our helpful advisers. On confirmation of your eligibility to claim, our advisers will offer you the assistance of an in-house no-win, no-fee* solicitor.

    Our numbers

    The respective numbers for contacting us from your UK landline or mobile are 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993. Any details you provide during your call will be kept completely confidential and you will not be obligated to pursue a claim at any time.

    Date Published: February 6, 2017

    Author: Accident Advice

    Category:

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.