If you are lucky enough to be in possession of a boat, you will be well aware that accidents do occur from time to time. For example, due to the nature of sailing, slips, trips and falls are common boating accidents, however unpredictable waters can lead to unpredictable accidents at sea. With that in mind, there are some things to always have on your boat just in case you do experience an incident out from shore.
5 things to always have on your boat
There are some essential things to always have on your boat that will prove useful in the case of an emergency. These include, but are not limited to:
- First aid kit: key items include antiseptic treatments and bandages for cuts and wounds
- Torch or flashlight: useful in the case of emergency in poorly lit areas, and when at sea during the night
- Rope: useful in myriad situations, from towing to tying
- Life jackets: essential boating equipment, for youngsters especially, do not set sail without them
- Multi-tool: no matter the job in hand, a multi-tool is one of the key things to always have on your boat; taking up less room than a toolbox it is extremely practical
Whether you suffer a slip or a fall on deck, or something a little more severe, by having the right equipment on board, you can efficiently alleviate symptoms and even save lives.
Injured in a boating accident?
Have you suffered a boating-related injury or illness, through no fault of your own? No matter the nature of your ailment, if you believe that someone else was at fault for the harm you have suffered, you may be able to claim personal injury compensation.
At Accident Advice Helpline, we offer a free initial consultation for all victims of personal injury. During this initial consultation, we aim to discuss the foundations of your case. This enables us to determine both if you have eligibility to claim and where liability may lie.
Getting in touch with us
Whether you suffered a slip or something more severe, for more information on claiming personal injury compensation, speak with one of our friendly advisors today.
Lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for your convenience. What’s more, there’s never any pressure to pursue your claim at any point during or following your call. Speak with us today on freephone number 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile.
Date Published: August 1, 2016
Author: Accident Advice