There are some foods you should never reheat. Reheating certain foods can cause food poisoning and other significant illnesses. They will also not taste very nice at all.
Suffering from food poisoning is a seriously unpleasant experience. Whether you’ve eaten bad food in a restaurant or taken a risk with some ingredients at home, the consequences are not pleasant.
What are 3 foods you should never reheat?
There are some foods that are simply too risky to reheat at any time. Millions of people do things like make lunch at home, then reheat it to enjoy at work. If you do this, steer clear of the following three foods.
- This may come as something of a surprise, but reheated celery can become toxic. This is because it contains nitrates. Celery is commonly used in soup, so either eat it all or remove the celery before reheating.
- Another classic example of a food you should never reheat is chicken. When cold chicken is reheated for the second time, the composition of the protein inside changes. This can easily cause digestive discomfort and problems. This is why it’s always best to leave chicken cold.
- Eggs are one of those foods that sometimes seem more trouble than they are worth. Reheating previously boiled or fried eggs cause them to become toxic and subsequently cause painful problems in your digestive tract. Neither scrambled nor boiled eggs should ever be reheated as it destroys the protein within.
Claiming food poisoning compensation
If you are taken ill because of something you ate in a restaurant, you may be due illness compensation. A successful claim usually depends on three different factors.
- The illness was suffered during the last three years
- The illness was the fault of someone else. For example, a restaurant serving out of date food.
- A medical professional is able to confirm that the illness was caused by the food in the restaurant
If your claim meets the above criteria, then call Accident Advice Helpline today. Our unique 30-second test will give you a near-instant answer on your eligibility to claim. All of our lawyers work on a 100% no-win, no-fee* basis. With over 16 years’ experience in processing personal injury and illness claims, we are also able to settle most cases out of court, though this is dependent on personal factors. Call our expert advisors today on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993.
Date Published: March 8, 2017
Author: Accident Advice