According to the Health and Safety Executive, quad bikes have been involved in many serious incidents, with head injuries being the most common cause of death in a fatal quad bike accident.
Our leading scooter or quad bike accident abroad claims solicitors are here to help you claim the compensation you deserve. If you have been involved in an accident while abroad and it was due to someone else’s negligence, contact us for free legal advice from our expert solicitors.
No Win No Fee scooter & quad bike accident abroad claim solicitors
Almost all of our scooter and quad bike accident abroad cases are conducted on a No Win No Fee basis, meaning we only take a fee if we win compensation on your behalf, therefore there is no financial risk to you.
Scooter & quad bike accidents abroad explained
Being on holiday is often a great opportunity to try out new things such as renting a scooter or an ATV, also known as a quad bike to get around and explore. Whether you have been driving off road on a quad bike, or in a city on a scooter, if you have been involved in an accident due to someone else's negligence, you might wonder what your rights are:
- Whether you were in the UK or abroad at the time of the accident, you have the right to claim compensation
- Even if the accident happened abroad, you can choose a legal representative from the UK to help you with your claim.
Most common causes and types of scooter & quad bike accidents abroad
There are all kinds of scenarios that can cause a scooter or quad bike accident:
- Irresponsible rental company:
- Insufficient instructions from the rental company
- Insufficient protective clothing provided by the rental company
- Badly maintained vehicle: e.g. bald tyres, low tyre pressure or faulty brakes
- Unsafe vehicles, e.g. no rollover prevention system
- Irresponsible drivers:
- Drivers failing to see you
- Drivers being inattentive
- Drivers encouraging racing or fast speeds
- Road conditions:
- Dangerous potholes
- Spillages, e.g. diesel and oil creating slippery road conditions
These accidents result in different kinds of injuries. Our clients most commonly seek compensation for:
- Whiplash injuries
- Head injuries
- Broken arms
- Broken legs
- Lacerations and burns
- Torn and strained muscles
- Back or spinal injuries
To avoid these accidents from happening, we recommend that you read the informative leaflet from HSE on the safe usage of an ATV.
What can I claim for?
If you have been injured in a scooter or quad bike accident which was due to someone else's negligence, you can claim compensation for the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of earnings
- House modifications
- Rehabilitation and treatment
Can I claim if the accident was partly my fault?
Many scooter & quad bike accidents are caused by a combination of errors. Even if you believe you were partially at fault, you may still be able to make a claim for compensation. Contact us to establish your full legal position.
How much can I claim for a scooter or quad bike accident abroad?
It completely depends on your injury and the impact it has on your life. If the injury was caused due to someone else's negligence, your claim for pain and suffering could be worth several thousands of pounds. For more information call us on freephone 0800 083 5045 or try our online claims calculator.
Our support centre
- Weekdays: 08:00 - 21:00
- Saturdays: 09:00 - 18:00
If you would like to speak to us about your existing claim, contact us on
Read below for more help and support with accidents abroad
Are you ready to start your claim? Call us free on 0800 083 5045