Slips, trips and falls make up almost 40% of reported non-fatal injuries at work in the UK.*
Our leading accident claims solicitors are here to help you claim the compensation you deserve. If you fell, slipped or tripped at work due to someone else’s negligence or if you want to claim on behalf of a loved one, contact us today for free legal advice from our expert solicitors.
No Win No Fee work accident claims solicitors
Most of our slip, trip or fall at work accident cases are conducted on a No Win No Fee basis, meaning we only take a fee if we win compensation on your behalf, therefore there is no financial risk to you.
Slip, trip or fall at work accident explained
The law is very specific about the legal difference between a slip, a trip and a fall. The exact cause of your injury influences the degree of negligence that is involved.
- Slips at work:
- Definition: Too little grip between footwear and the surface you are walking on
- Causes: Water, oil, dust or another ‘slippery’ material on the floor or wrong footwear. Find out more about who is responsible for spillages in the workplace.
- Trips at work:
- Definition: A worker’s foot is brought to an abrupt halt by contact with an object in its path
- Causes: Trailing cables, loose carpets, unexpected objects in walkways or wrong footwear. Click here for more information on tripping over cables at work.
- Falls at work:
- Definition: A worker falls either from height or from the same level.
- Causes: Potholes or depressions in the surface for falls from the same level, Ladders, rooftops, gantries and scaffolding for falls from heights. Click here for more information on common falls at work.
To find out, if your slip, trip or fall injury has been caused due to someone else’s negligence, talk to one of our specialists claims solicitors.
Most common types of slip, trip or fall injuries
Slips, trips and falls can lead to all kinds of injuries, from minor injuries like bruises, cuts or broken bones to major injuries leading to limb amputation, paralysis or death. Click here for serious injury claims FAQ.
What can I claim for?
If you have experienced an injury from a slip, trip or fall, you can claim compensation for the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of earnings
- House modifications
- Rehabilitation and treatment
Can my employer fire me for claiming compensation?
Your employer can’t fire you for claiming compensation because they have a duty of care to ensure that the working environment is safe for all employees. If you have an accident at work and your employer was responsible in some way, your claim will be made against their insurance company. If your employer threatens to fire you or tries to terminate your employment after your compensation claim has been completed, contact us and we will help make sure you keep your job.
How much can I claim for a slip, trip or fall at work accident?
It completely depends on your injury and the impact it has on your life. If the injury was caused due to someone else’s negligence, your claim for pain and suffering could be worth several thousands of pounds. For more information call us on freephone 0800 083 5045 or try our online personal injury claims calculator.