Have you been the victim of slips, trips and falls in Warwick? Were you injured in slips, trips, and falls in Warwick? Did your injuries need medical attention? Did your accident happen no more than three years ago? Do you want to claim compensation for your injuries?

If you are saying yes to all of these questions, you should be on the phone to Accident Advice Helpline right now, unless –

I was only 12 when my slips, trips and falls in Warwick happened, am I too late to claim?

The time limit is the only rule that there is any variation to, and being a minor at the time of the accident is one of them. It is best if your parents or guardians make a claim for you at the time of the accident, but if no one did, you have until the day before your 21st birthday to make a compensation claim. This is basically giving you three years of adulthood, from your 18th birthday, to get your claim under way.

But you must be aware that if the accident happened when you were 12, and you do not make the claim until you are nearly 21, that could be nearly 9 years since the accident, and this may make it a harder compensation claim to prove.

My slips, trips and falls in Warwick was caused by a violent crime, do the same rules apply?

Almost, the only differences are that your time limit is reduced to two years, and there is a stipulation that the incident must have been reported to the police. You should also have helped the police with their enquiries if you want to claim compensation.

If your were below the age of majority at the time of the crime, the same applies as above, except you have two years from your 18th birthday, until the day before you are 20.

My slips, trips and falls in Warwick claim would be for an industrial illness, are there any difference there?

Really there is only one difference and that again relates to the time limit. Because industrial illnesses can take many years to manifest themselves, victims making this sort of claim have three years from the date the illness is diagnosed to make their claim.

How you can find out for sure

To find out for certain if you can make a personal injury compensation claim, call Accident Advice Helpline’s freephone number, 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone. Here you will find friendly and helpful advisers who will be able to let you know if you can make a claim and answer any other questions you might have.

Is there anything wrong with this page?
Report Post
Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.