According to the Office for National Statistics, in 2015, there were 30 000 grocery stores registered in the UK. Almost all of us go grocery shopping at least once a week*.
Our leading supermarket accident claims solicitors are here to help you claim the compensation you deserve. If you have been injured in a supermarket due to someone else’s negligence, contact us today for free legal advice from our expert solicitors.
No Win No Fee supermarket accident claim solicitors
Most of our supermarket accident cases are conducted on a No Win No Fee basis, meaning we only take a fee if we win compensation on your behalf, therefore there is no financial risk to you.
Supermarket accident explained
Surprisingly, supermarket accidents are more common than you might think. Wet floors, boxes, trolleys or unstable product stacks can cause a wide range of accidents. Luckily, most lead only to minor injuries, however, if someone else’s negligence was at fault, you might want to claim compensation because every supermarket has to follow the guidelines set by the Health and Safety Executive:
- Hazards or spillages have to be cleared quickly.
- Hazards or spillages have to be marked.
- Equipment that could cause harm has to be maintained properly.
Most common causes and types of supermarket accidents
There are different ways you can get injured in a supermarket or grocery store. Most commonly, we help customers with the following accidents:
- Slips: where spilled liquids haven’t been cleaned in time
- Trips: where shelves stick out or boxes or trolleys are left lying around.
- Falling objects: where products had been stacked unstable and fell from high shelves
- Car parks: where another road user has been negligent
These and other accidents can cause different injuries, such as:
What can I claim for?
If you have experienced an injury from an accident in a supermarket, you can claim compensation for the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of earnings
What makes my supermarket claim successful?
If your accident happened due to someone else’s negligence, it is important that you can prove so. Immediately after an accident, try to do the following:
- Seek medical attention
- Take photographs of the site before it’s been cleared.
- Ask staff to record the incident
- Ask witnesses for their contact details
- Pay attention to CCTV cameras, that may have recorded your accident
- Write a record of the accident yourself
How much can I claim for a supermarket accident?
It completely depends on your injury and the impact it has on your life. If the injury was caused due to someone else’s negligence, your claim for pain and suffering could be worth several thousands of pounds. For more information call us on freephone 0800 083 5045 or try our online claims calculator.
Our support centre
- Weekdays: 08:00 - 21:00
- Saturdays: 09:00 - 18:00
If you would like to speak to us about your existing claim, contact us on
More help and support on supermarket accidents
Are you ready to start your claim? Call us free on 0800 083 5045