Wet and uneven Floors
Slipped or tripped in a gym, supermarket or another public area?Learn more
School and sports clubs accident claims
Schools and sports clubs alike have a duty of care to keep children safe.Learn more
Food Poisoning and Allergies
Ignoring food hygiene standards or allergy information can be a criminal offence.Learn more
No Win No Fee claims solicitors
Almost all of our accident cases which have happened in public places are conducted on a No Win No Fee basis, meaning we only take a fee if we win compensation on your behalf, so there is no financial risk to you.
What you can claim for
If you have been injured in an accident in a public place, e.g by slipping, tripping or falling, you can claim compensation for the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of earnings
- House modifications
Our support centre
- Weekdays: 08:00 - 20:00
- Saturdays: 09:00 - 17:00
If you would like to speak to us about your existing claim, contact us on
What you need to know
When can I make a personal injury claim?
If your injury is a result of someone else’s negligence, you may have the right to make a claim for compensation. Even if you’re not sure who is responsible for your injury or if you are partly at fault yourself, contact us to establish a full legal position.
What makes my claim successful?
Often, the cause of the accident can easily be established. However, we might need some evidence to help you with your claim. We will assist you in gathering the evidence you need.
How much time do I have to claim?
Generally, your claim has to be brought within three years from the date of your personal injury. However, there are exceptions, for example:
- If you were working abroad when the accident took place as different countries have different time limits
- If you or your loved one have diminished mental capacity
- If the injured person is a child under 16 in Scotland or under 18 in England and Wales at the time of the accident
We would like to advise you to speak to a specialist accident solicitor as soon as you feel comfortable. Your legal representative can help you to keep track of your timeline.
What can I claim compensation for?
Compensation is designed to put you in the same financial position that were in prior to the accident, as well as compensating you for your pain and suffering. Therefore, compensation is split into two categories.
- General damages: this is the sum that will be paid to compensate you for the pain and suffering you had to endure. The sum you receive depends on how big an impact the accident and the resulting injuries have had on your life.
- Special damages: this is the amount which can also be referred to as “out of pocket expenses” and will cover everything from transport to and from medical reports and damaged property, to any loss of earnings or rehabilitation treatment. It also includes future losses, such as future loss of earnings if you are unable to work in the future and future care costs, if you will need ongoing care.
Accidents in public places we can help with
Are you ready to start your claim? Call us free on 0800 083 5045