Home > Road traffic accident > Uninsured driver accident claims
road surface with newly painted white lines

Uninsured driver accident claims solicitors

Our solicitors are experts in helping individuals with uninsured driver compensation claims. Call us now on freephone 0800 083 5045 or use the following form to tell us about your accident and we will call you.

Request a callback

Provide your details and a legal expert will be in touch shortly.

Request a callback

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

According to the Department of Transport, an average of 468 road casualties and 5 fatalities are reported every day in the UK. In 44% of the road fatalities, the victims are in a car.*

Our leading uninsured driver claims solicitors are here to help you claim the compensation you deserve. If you have been injured in a road traffic accident, contact us today for free legal advice from our expert solicitors.

No Win No Fee uninsured driver accident claims solicitors

Most of our uninsured driver claims are conducted on a No Win No Fee basis, meaning we only take a fee if we win compensation on your behalf, therefore there is no financial risk to you.

[h2] Uninsured driver claims explained

If you have been injured in an accident due to the other driver’s negligence, you will usually claim compensation from the other driver’s insurance company. However, if the other driver doesn’t have insurance, you might be afraid that you are unable to claim compensation.

This is when the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) steps in: The MIB is an institution which can provide the compensation you deserve when you are involved in a hit and run accident or an accident with an uninsured driver. It is funded by every insured driver, who becomes automatically a member of the MIB and contributes to its funding with a small percentage of the insurance premium.

Even if the driver responsible fled the scene, we can help you claim compensation from the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB).

Most common types of uninsured driver claims

Uninsured driver accidents result in different kinds of injuries. Our clients most commonly seek compensation for:

What can I claim for?

If you have been injured in an accident with an uninsured driver, you may be able to claim compensation for the following:

  • Pain and suffering
  • Loss of earnings
  • House modifications
  • Physiotherapy
  • Bike repair
  • Counselling
  • Medical expenses

I got hit by a car as a pedestrian and the driver fled the scene. I don’t have car insurance myself because I don’t own a car. Can I still claim for compensation at the MIB?

The Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB) is a scheme set up and funded by all motor insurance companies and the UK Government to compensate victims of uninsured and untraced drivers for injuries sustained as a result of an accident in the UK. There are strict time limits and reporting requirements in place for bringing a claim via the scheme, therefore prompt action is recommended. Call us to establish your full legal position.

How much compensation can I claim?

Obviously, the level of compensation you can claim depends on the seriousness of your injuries. If your accident was caused due to someone else’s negligence, your claim for pain and suffering could be worth several thousands of pounds. For more information call us on freephone 0800 083 5045.

Our support centre
opening hours

  • Weekdays: 08:00 - 20:00
  • Saturdays: 09:00 - 17:00

Existing customer

If you would like to speak to us about your existing claim, contact us on

0800 083 5045

Are you ready to start your claim? Call us free on 0800 083 5045