Home > Road traffic accident > Claiming on Behalf of a Loved One After a Fatal Road Accident
road surface with newly painted white lines

Claiming on behalf of a loved one after a fatal road accident

Our solicitors are experienced in helping individuals with compensation claims on behalf of a loved one. Call us now on freephone 0800 083 5045 or use the following form to tell us about your loved one’s accident and we will call you.

Request a callback

Provide your details and a legal expert will be in touch shortly.

Request a callback

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

An average of 468 road casualties and 5 fatalities are reported every day in the UK. In 44% of the road fatalities, the victims are in a car.*

If you have lost a loved one in a fatal road accident, financial compensation might be the last thing on your mind. However, our claims solicitors are here to help you, contact us for free legal advice from our expert solicitors.

No Win No Fee fatal accident claims solicitors

Most of our fatal accident claims cases are conducted on a No Win No Fee basis, meaning we only take a fee if we win compensation on your behalf, therefore there is no financial risk to you.

Fatal Accident explained

Losing a loved one in a fatal accident is one of the worst things that can happen and we want you to take time to grieve. However, if this loss has left you in a difficult financial position, seeking rightful compensation may be a necessity and if the accident was caused due to someone else’s action or negligence, you may want to consider claiming for compensation.

We have the understanding and experience to handle any claim with the utmost sensitivity. If someone else’s actions or negligence were even partly to blame for your loss, please get in touch with us once you feel comfortable to do so.

Am I entitled to claim fatal accident compensation?

If someone or something other than natural causes was to blame for the loss of a loved one in a road traffic accident, the law allows claims from:

  • A spouse or financially dependent former spouse
  • Cohabitees or civil partners of at least two years’ standing
  • Children, grandchildren and other descendants
  • Adopted children or those from a marriage or civil partnership
  • Parents, grandparents and others with parental responsibility
  • Close relatives including siblings, aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews

If you believe that you are entitled to claim compensation for your loss, please contact us to speak to a legal expert who can advise you of the next steps.

Who can I talk to about bereavement?

We know from experience that money can seem unimportant at a time like this. So we understand that you need support more than anything else. Please rest assured that our specialist lawyers will give you all the emotional support they can, as well as the financial compensation you deserve.

Our support centre
opening hours

  • Weekdays: 08:00 - 20:00
  • Saturdays: 09:00 - 17:00

Existing customer

If you would like to speak to us about your existing claim, contact us on

0800 083 5045

Are you ready to start your claim? Call us free on 0800 083 5045