If you have been injured in a Wrexham accident at work, you may be unsure as to whether you are entitled to claim compensation from your employer. You may feel that your employer was not at fault; perhaps a colleague or a visitor to your workplace was to blame, or perhaps you were not at your usual place of work when your accident occurred. The law surrounding workplace accidents is complex, and you should seek specialist advice regarding your entitlement to compensation.
Why might I be entitled to compensation?
Your employer is under an obligation to assess the risks you may face while performing tasks in the workplace. If they do not do this, or do it ineffectively, you may be able to make a claim against them. The legal system recognises that even minor injuries can lead to financial losses, so it grants you the chance to seek compensation for both for your injuries and your financial losses in the three years following your Wrexham accident at work.
What types of accidents can I claim for?
You can claim compensation for any type of injury sustained during the course of your employment. Here are just some examples of valid accident at work claims:
- Injuries caused by faulty machinery
- Injuries caused by a lack of protective equipment
- Injuries caused by the careless acts of colleagues
- Injuries caused by contractors or suppliers at your place of work
- Injuries caused by slips, trips, and falls
Even if your Wrexham accident at work does not fall into any of these categories, you should still call our freephone helpline and let our experienced personal injury team assess your right to make a claim.
What happens during the claims process?
If you choose to make a 100% no-win, no-fee Wrexham accident at work claim through us, our lawyers will deal directly with your employer or their insurance company. Our lawyers will:
- Obtain evidence to support your side of the story
- Obtain a medical report detailing your injury
- Make a list of all the financial losses resulting from your injury
- Negotiate the settlement of your claim with your employer or their insurance company
- Start court proceedings for you if your employer refuses to settle your claim
What will it cost me to make a Wrexham accident at work claim?
We can offer to deal with your claim on a 100% no-win, no-fee basis, which means that we will not ask you to pay for your legal fees upfront. Call us on 0800 689 0500 from a landline, and 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.
Date Published: 24th November 2014
Author: Jan Newell