How varied are works injury claims?
Accidents at work are as varied as accidents in any area of life. But while the range of accidents at work is very wide, accidents in the workplace are generally much more predictable than on the high street, roads or countryside. This ability for an employer to assess and ensure the safety of their workplace and predict accidents means that when an accident does happen, your employer should have been able to prevent it. This ‘preventability’ means that works injury claims are often strong legal cases, covering one of any number of injuries.
So what kind of works injury claims are there?
The list of works injury claims is huge, but here are a few of the most common types of claim we see at Accident Advice Helpline:
- Slips, trips and falls at work, perhaps from an uneven floor surface, a slippery floor or obstacles such as wires on the floor
- Falls from heights, perhaps from a ladder or platform involved in your work or from a poorly-protected landing or staircase
- Manual handling and lifting injuries, including lack of training on how to lift safely or strain injuries from being required to lift an inappropriate object to an inappropriate height – such as a heavy box from a high shelf
- Repetitive injuries, including soft tissue overuse injuries caused by activities such as typing, working on a conveyor belt or a shop till
- Industry-specific injuries such as hand-arm vibration syndrome or white finger, where vibrating power tools are used incorrectly or for an inappropriate length of time
- Exposure to dangerous substances, such as undiluted cleaning products or hazardous building materials where your employer has not followed the necessary COSHH procedures
There are many other types of works injury claims, all of which Accident Advice Helpline can assist with. If you have suffered an accident at work and you are thinking about making works injury claims, you have nothing to lose by getting in touch.
Professional, friendly advice
Here at Accident Advice Helpline, we offer you a helping hand at all stages of your claim. When you ask us to fight your claim for you, we take care of everything on your behalf. This includes matching you to a specialist no win, no fee* solicitor with expertise relevant to your case. We strive to find the right expert in your local area, so as they are on hand when you need them.
We are also here whenever you need us, with our Freephone 24-hour helpline. Our friendly advisers offer you a decade of experience and good judgement, as well as a completely hassle-free claim experience. Our team completes all paperwork on your behalf and looks after you from your first call until you receive your compensation award. Talk to us today and see what we can offer you.
Call us on 0800 689 0500 – or 0333 500 0993 free from a mobile.
Date Published: 17th June 2013
Category: Accident at work claim