Work related accidents are when you might need workplace injury lawyers in Rockbeare
All Uk employers have a legal duty to protect the health and safety of their employers while they are at work, and most of them do. But it is surprising how many accidents happen in workplaces. From minor to severe they happen every day to UK workers, and in fact last year 148 workers lost their lives while at work.
Employees that are injured because of their employers negligence should be speaking to workplaceinjury lawyers in Rockbeare about making a work related claim. Workplace injury lawyers in Rockbeare deal with work related injuries on a regular basis and the most common work accidents they come across are:
- Slips and trips are usually on wet floors, either because a spillage has not been cleaned up promptly, or floors have been washed and no warning signs put on show to make victims take more care than normal. This sounds as though it might produce quite minor injuries, but it depends how the victim slips and what they slip onto. If the slip was on a factory floor into a piece of machinery, the results could be catastrophic, if not fatal.
- A fall is another accident that sounds as though the injuries would be minor, and quite often they are – probably more embarrassing than anything. The problems occur when the fall is from height, maybe off some ladders or scaffolding, the injuries could be very serious and require immediate hospitalisation. Employers should follow the Working at Height regulations and wherever it is practical provide safety harnesses.
- Crashes and impacts involving company road vehicles and motorised trucks such as forklift trucks do not have to happen at high speed to cause injuries. Vehicles like tractors or cherry pickers would create very severe injuries if one of them hit you with any force.
- The obvious place for burns to happen is in kitchens of restaurants and canteens, and they do happen in kitchens often. But they also occur in industrial settings such as factories or labs where there could be overheated equipment or dangerous chemicals. Immediate medical attention should be sought for all burns.
- Heavy lifting is the most common cause of back and neck injuries in work related accidents. Muscle strains and sprains happen very easily if the employees have not been adequately trained in lifting techniques, whiplash being a very common injury to sustain this way.
Making a claim with workplace injury lawyers in Rockbeare
The whole point is, it really does not matter what type of accident you were in, they are all within the scope of personal injury claims. If you have been injured in one, sometime in the last three years, and your injuries warranted medical attention, you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim.
On our website there is a 30-second test which will let you know if your claim is valid and give you an estimate of the compensation you may be entitled to.
Or you could call our friendly advisors on 0800 689 0500. They will give you all the information you may need about making a personal injury compensation claim.
Date Published: 29th December 2013
Author: David Brown