Industrial workers could make a workplace injury claim in Telford
Telford is a new town in Shropshire which developed in the 1960s and 70s. Named after the civil engineer Thomas Telford, the town’s economy is largely based around a handful of industrial estates which have attracted international investors and high-tech businesses. If you are employed in one of these industries and have had an accident at work, then you may be looking to make a workplace injury claim in Telford.
All employers have a duty of care to preserve the safety of their workers. Stringent health and safety regulations must be followed, and if employers are deemed to be negligent for an accident then compensation will be due to the injured worker. A range of accidents at work could lead to making an injury claim.
- Slips, trips and falls: You might have been expected to work at height without a safety harness, or you might have tripped on a loose floor tile that should have been repaired.
- Struck by a moving vehicle or industrial machinery: You may not have been given sufficient training or safety protection to be using a heavy duty piece of machinery, or due care and attention may not have been paid to the use of industrial vehicles.
- Exposure to dangerous chemical or fumes: These could cause an industrial illness. Your employer will be particularly liable if they have not provided you with sufficient safety protection or limited your exposure to such materials.
- Exposure to loud noises: Workers’ hearing can be irreparably damaged if they have been required to work without the required hearing protection.
- Incorrect manual handling: You may have injured your back due to being expected to lift or carry heavy loads without the correct training or equipment.
- Industrial disaster: You might have been injured by being involved in a fire or explosion in the workplace. It could be that your employers did not take sufficient preventative steps to reduce the possibility of this occurring, or they may not have made suitable plans for evacuation procedure.
Accident Advice Helpline can assist you
We have a team of top lawyers who can help you if you have been injured in an industrial incident. Accidents at work are a specialist field of compensation law, and if you need to make an workplace injury claim in Telford then you deserve to receive access to the very best legal representation possible. Call 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile, today to find out how we can help you with your injury claim.