Stourport on Severn is a town in the Wyre Forest District of North Worcestershire. At the time of the 2001 census, the town had a population of 19,713 people. The employers there have a legal duty to protect the health and safety of their staff in the workplace, just like employers have all over the UK. If they fail in this duty, they may well face you making a workplace injury claim in Stourport on Severn.
What duties does your employer have to avoid you making a workplace injury claim in Stourport on Severn?
The responsibilities of your employer are:
- To make sure you have enough room to work in comfort
- To keep all walkways free from obstructions and spillages
- To make sure that all plant and machinery is in proper working order and has safety devices fitted
- To make sure that all staff are properly trained in the use of the equipment and safety devices
- To have a health and safety policy that all employees know
- To have procedures in place in case of emergency situations and to make sure that all employees know what these are
- To have regular fire drills
- To carry out risk assessments and act on their findings
- To keep a record of all accidents, no matter how minor
- To report serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive
You have a duty to your employer as well
As an employee, you have responsibilities towards your employer, your work mates and yourself, such as:
- Not appearing at work the worse for alcohol, this is a sackable offence
- Keeping your work area in a tidy condition, if not you may cause someone else to have an accident
- Ensure you wear any protective clothing provided
- Ensure any machinery is in proper working order before you use it, if not report it immediately and refuse to use it until it is repaired
- Take any breaks that are part of the working day; tiredness can lead to lack of concentration which can be lethal
Things will still go wrong
Even if you and your employer follow all the health and safety guidelines there will still be occasions when accidents happen. Accidents at work can be very nasty and cause untold damages to the person involved, both physical and psychological.
It is not only one-off accidents that are the problem, you could incur an injury over a long period, something like repetitive strain injury, back damage, carpal tunnel syndrome, lung disease, or some form of psychological illness to name just a few. These do not always become apparent until you have moved on from an employer, but if you can attribute a particular condition to a particular employment then you can start making a workplace injury claim in Stourport on Severn.Open Claim Calculator
Here at Accident Advice Helpline, we are specialists in personal injury, no matter the cause. We have a wealth of expertise gained during our many years in aiding people with their injury compensation claims.
Get in touch
You can contact us on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone and speak to one of our friendly professional advisers about making a workplace injury claim in Stourport on Severn, to put your claim in motion, or you can complete the 30-second test on our website for a rough idea of the amount you may be awarded.