Workplace accident claim in Oldham – Top 5 reasons why workplace accidents happen
Many companies have safety measures in place for employees. They should try their best to protect their employees from any harmful accidents that can occur. Even though it is very rare workplace accidents do occur, they can of course cause a great deal of physical or emotional harm.
There are many reasons why these accidents might occur. Usually it is not the employee’s fault. For example if a person works in a factory that bottles up harmful chemicals, negligence on the part of an employee or the employer can prove to be very dangerous. In case it was not your personal fault, you can file for a workplace accident claim in Oldham. Let’s look at the 5 top reasons for workplace accidents:
- The employer did not deliver clear instructions to the employee regarding the operation of a certain machine which led to the employee getting injured. Whenever you bring in a new machine always train your employees thoroughly on how to use it. Moreover, tell them what can go wrong if they are careless with it.
- The employer’s instructions were clear and concise but the employee chose not to follow them which led to a machine getting damaged and another employee sustaining an injury.
- The employers were not serious about any health hazards that could occur in their offices. The electrical wiring was unsafe and one of the employees was hurt.
- The telephone and computer wires and other small things are kept in the offices in such a way that people keep tripping over them. At times, a trip can be very serious. Compensation claims can then be made against the employers.
- There may be lack of proper management and accountability regarding the health hazards at the office premises. If there is no one to monitor or carry the complaints forward to the management level then how can a problem be eradicated?
Most workplace accidents are caused due to carelessness and negligence. In all cases, no matter what happens, the employees and employers should both be careful. The slightest negligence can have huge repercussions. If you have been a victim of a workplace accident and suffered personal injury then you can visit Accident Advice Helpline online. Take their thirty second test to see whether you qualify to make a workplace accident claim in Oldham for compensation.
I qualify for a workplace accident claim in Oldham!
That’s great. Now you need to get in touch with us. You can either get I touch via the website and someone will come back to you to collect more details, or you can call us on the phone. You can phone completely free on your landline 24-hours a day and 7-days a week on 0800 689 0500.
One of our friendly and professional advisers will pass your details onto a member of our qualified and experienced legal team who will contact you to help you pursue your workplace accident claim Oldham and elsewhere.
Get in touch today and see how we can help!
Date Published: 9th June 2013