If within the past three years you have been unfortunate enough to have been injured in a workplace accident, you should know that by law you are entitled to personal injury compensation. It is likely that you are feeling frustrated and even angry and not only are you suffering physically and emotionally, you may also be facing large financial losses as well. Fortunately, if your employer caused the accident, you should be able to claim compensation and receive the support you need to move forward.
Tips to help your workplace accident claim in Derbyshire Dales
To make a stress-free and profitable claim against your employer, follow this handy list of dos and don’ts:
- Do record the details of your accident in your employer’s accident book. This report will form the basis of your compensation claim.
- Don’t apologise when talking to your employer. If you say something that could be misconstrued as admitting fault, it could cost you your claim.
- Do take detailed notes of the events that took place in the immediate aftermath of your accident at work in Derbyshire Dales. These could help you in your dealings with your solicitor.
- Don’t provide your employer’s insurer with a recorded statement. They may use tricks and gimmicks to get you to say things that could destroy your claim.
- Do keep vital evidence. The more evidence you can retain, the better your chances of winning your claim.
- Do have an idea of the amount of compensation you are owed. Your employer’s insurer may use unfair tactics to provide you with less than you deserve, so ensure that you understand the value of your claim before accepting any full and final settlement offers.
- Don’t sign any paperwork without first consulting a solicitor. You may inadvertently sign a release of liability, relieving your employer’s insurer of their legal obligations to you after your accident at work in Derbyshire Dales.
- Do get in touch with the Accident Advice Helpline and hire our team of solicitors as soon as possible. They team will handle all communications with your employer and their insurer, and will ensure that your employer does not use unfair tactics to avoid paying out for your claim.
Start your claim with Accident Advice Helpline today
Have you recently suffered personal injury in an accident at work? Then get in touch with us on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to start your workplace accident claim in Derbyshire Dales. You can alternatively text “claim365” to 88010 and a member of our team will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Date Published: 28th December 2014
Author: David Brown