How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Working accident compensation

    Working Accident Compensation and Making Your Claim

    Workplaces have become a lot safer over the years. Regulations have been introduced to outlaw dangerous working practices, and personal protective equipment and training is provided to employees who need it.

    However, accidents still happen on a daily basis. They happen in hazardous environments such as construction sites and factories, but they also happen in environments that most people would say were relatively safe, such as offices.

    What Types of Accident Can Happen in the Workplace?

    The same types of accident that happen everywhere else also happen in the workplace. This includes slips, trips and falls, and being hit by falling objects.

    However, the workplace also introduces a range of other hazards which can lead to accidents, such as:

    • hazardous chemicals which can cause burns or breathing problems
    • machinery which can cause cuts or crush injuries
    • electrical equipment which can result in electric shocks

    Can I Claim Working Accident Compensation If I Am Injured At Work?

    To claim compensation following an injury in your workplace, you have to make your claim within three years of the accident taking place, and you have to show that someone else was to blame for your accident.

    Open Claim Calculator

    In many ways, it is easier to make a claim for working accident compensation because there are a number of regulations specifying the minimum levels of safety that are to be expected. As an example, woodworking machinery must be adequately guarded. If it can be shown that those regulations have breached, it makes it easier to prove that you have a valid working accident compensation claim.

    You can take the unique 30 second online test at Accident Advice Helpline’s website to find out whether you have a valid claim.

    What If My Employer Cannot Afford to Pay Working Accident Compensation?

    Many people who have been injured at work are reluctant to claim compensation because they worry about the financial impact on their employer. This is particularly the case when the economy is in recession and businesses are struggling to survive.

    However, any business that employs staff must, by law, purchase Employers’ Liability Insurance which covers them against compensation claims made against them.

    How Do I Make a Claim for Working Accident Compensation?

    You can make the claim on your own, although to maximise your chances of receiving the compensation you deserve, it is better to use the services of a solicitor or a professional law form such as Accident Advice Helpline to help you make your claim.

    Accident Advice Helpline has been helping people make compensation claims for over ten years. Our patron is consumer champion, Esther Rantzen and we are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

    It uses a panel of over 200 legal partners who work on a ‘no win, no fee*’ basis. Generally, they will be able to deal with your claim over the telephone and you will not usually need to attend court, although you may need to attend one medical assessment to document the level of your injuries. Call us free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no obligation advice about making a claim.

    Date Published: 14th September 2013

    Author: ffross

    Category: Accident at work claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.