I have been injured at work – can I claim?
If you have been injured in an accident at work where your employer could have prevented your accident, you are entitled to claim compensation.
Many unnecessary accidents occur at work when simple risk assessment could have prevented an injury. Some of the injuries we commonly see are caused by:
- Slips, trips, and falls at work
- Back injuries and manual handling incidents
- Injury caused by faulty or poorly maintained equipment
- Injury caused by incorrect use of tools, machines and equipment
- Assault in the workplace
If you have been injured at work, a worker’s compensation lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve.
But if I make a claim won’t my employer sack me?
Many people with genuine injury cases are scared to go up against their employer as they fear that there will be some kind of revenge taken or that their job will be at risk. In practice, there is rarely anything to be afraid of.
You are protected in law against any kind of vindictive behaviour by your employer and the majority of employers are simply keen to limit the damage that your accident will have caused.Open Claim Calculator
Most employers have systems in place to deal with their liability in terms of Health and Safety, in the form of insurance and procedures.
Your workers compensation lawyer can talk you through the claims process and help you understand any problems you are concerned about with your employer.
But if your employer has not taken due care of you within your workplace and you have been injured as a result, you are entitled to claim for compensation and the majority of employers will respect this.
What should I look for in a workers compensation lawyer?
There are a few basic standards that you should look for in your workers compensation lawyer:
- No win no fee* – a good compensation solicitor will offer to handle your case on a no win no fee* basis. This means that you have no financial risk as well as giving you confidence that your solicitor believes they can get a good result in your case. Avoid anyone that asks you for an up-front fee as it puts you unnecessarily at risk.
- Experience – your workers compensation lawyer should be an expert in their field. As with any profession, lawyers develop different specialisms. Your local solicitor may not, therefore, be in the best position to get the most favourable outcome for you in your case.
- Accessibility – you should be able to get support and advice when you need it. Here at Accident Advice Helpline, we match you to a local, specialist workers compensation lawyer who has the right expertise to get the best result for you. We are here for you 24 hours a day to answer any questions, give you updates and provide the support and guidance that will make your case stress-free.
Can you help me find a worker’s compensation lawyer?
Yes, absolutely. We work with many specialist law partners across the UK, all of which offer to take cases on a no win no fee* basis.
Call our advisers now to discuss your circumstances and we will give you free, honest advice, on what options are available to you.
So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.