How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Work accident injury claims

    Accidents at work and making work accident injury claims

    Health and safety laws

    All employers have a responsibility to protect the health, safety and welfare of its employees. Your work environment should be safe and any risk to your health should be abolished or minimised.

    Unfortunately this is not always the case and each year thousands of work accident injury claims are made, often due to the negligence of your employer or other colleagues.

    By law employers should:

    • Provide protective clothing such as a hard hat etc where necessary
    • Ensure that machinery and equipment is safe to use and regularly serviced and maintained
    • Put measures in place to control dust, noise and fumes
    • Provide first aid equipment
    • Fire exits available and equipment available to extinguish fires
    • Provide necessary training so that you can carry out your job safely
    • Carry out risk assessments

    Remember that as an employee it is also your responsibility to work with your employer to make sure the workplace is safe. Take all reasonable steps to take care of your own health and safety and others that work with you. Everyone has a part to play in making the workplace safe and hazard free.

    Report unsafe work conditions

    If you feel that your workplace is unsafe in any way then contact your manager and health and safety officer. You can also talk to your trade union representative if you have one. The Health and Safety Executive can also be contacted through their website at

    Open Claim Calculator

    If the issue is very serious and you feel that you are in danger then you have the right to protect yourself. It may mean that you do not carry out a specific piece of work or work in a certain area. In some cases you may have to leave work until the health and safety concern you have is corrected.

    If you have an accident at work

    If you are unlucky enough to be involved in a work accident injury claims specialists Accident Advice Helpline can help you win the compensation you deserve.

    It is important that you report your accident at work to your manager and health and safety officer. Record the details of the incident in the Accident Book.  If your workplace does not have an accident book your employer is still required by law to keep a log of the incident.

    In this case you may wish to write down the details of the accident, including date, time and the injuries you sustained. Keep a copy for yourself and give a copy to your manager.

    After an accident you should also see your General Practitioner or visit your local accident and emergency department. You will be able to get treatment for your injuries and also the doctor can record the details of your injuries and treatment. This information will assist your work accident injury claims solicitor when negotiating and calculating the amount of money you should be able to claim.

    So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. 

    Date Published: 2nd December 2012

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.