What you need to know about no win no claims lawyers
You may have seen the TV adverts and heard about no win no claims lawyers, but still be unclear about how they actually work and whether or not you could benefit from their expertise. Most commonly referred to as no-win, no-fee lawyers, these legal professionals make the commitment to represent clients without charging them a fee if their compensation case is not successful.
Accident Advice Helpline
Promoted by consumer champion Dame Esther Rantzen, and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Accident Advice Helpline was established in the year 2000. Our aim has always been work hard on behalf of innocent accident victims, to help them bring an injury claim against the party whose negligence caused their injury.
Our no-win, no-fee / no win no claims lawyers
At Accident Advice Helpline, we have a team of expert solicitors who are specialists in personal injury law.
We are experienced in dealing with all kinds of personal injury claims including:
- An accident at work (can include claims for repetitive strain injury, construction or industrial injuries, industrial deafness and vibration white finger).
- A trip, slip or fall in a public place (for example on an uneven pavement or a slippery surface which has not been clearly identified).
- A road traffic accident (you can claim for compensation if you have been injured as the driver or passenger of a vehicle, pedestrian or a cyclist).
- Medical negligence (including clinical or dental malpractice and surgical errors).
What no-win, no-fee / no win no claims lawyers may ask from you:
- The date of the accident or incident you were involved in – where and how it happened
- The contact details for any witnesses
- Details of your injuries, medical diagnosis and treatment
- Proof of your loss of earnings and other financial expenses which are the result of your injury
- Documents relating to any insurance policies you have (such as household or motor insurance) to check whether these will cover the legal costs of your claim
- Any documents that can be used to support your claim, including documents from before your accident, or any evidence of previous accidents in similar circumstances
Chat to Accident Advice Helpline today
- Good communication is essential. Your no-win, no-claims lawyer will keep you informed about your case.
- Location is unimportant. All dialogue can be carried out over the phone. What is key is that your legal representative is a specialist in his or her field.
- It is important for you to feel confident in your lawyer’s ability to represent you – Accident Advice Helpline will always be on hand to answer your questions to help you through the claims process.
- Dial 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile phone to connect with a member of our team. Our initial advice is free.