Within Wiltshire County in South East England is Sutton Benger, a small village which is only 5 miles from Chippenham. Local amenities include a school, village hall, recreational grounds, a post office and shops among other facilities.
Working in the countryside may pose dangers to your health due to the nature of your work. Such as working with livestock, tractors, farm vehicles or spraying crops with pesticides without PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
Because of this you may develop occupational diseases and illnesses. This should result with you searching for a no win no fee* Sutton Benger solicitor to help you claim compensation.
Get help from Accident Advice Helpline
Accident Advice Helpline is a law firm that has been helping employees who get injured while working, through no fault of their own to get the compensation they deserve.
If you develop occupational diseases and illnesses because of the nature of your work, you should report to your line manager or supervisor and record the injury in an accident book or something of a similar nature.
After seeking medical treatment you can start the claims process by talking to an adviser from Accident Advice Helpline on the 24/7 helpline, or take the 30-second test on our website to know if your claim is valid.
Injuries handled by a no win no fee* Sutton Benger lawyer
It is the duty of your employer to provide you with training, Personal Protective Equipment and a safe working environment. The machinery should be regularly maintained but if this is not done and you develop an occupational illness or disease, it will no doubt affect your life massively. Your no win no fee* lawyer will guide and support you until you get what you deserve. There are several occupational illnesses or diseases that can arise:
- Skin diseases like dermatitis cause inflammation, swelling and itching of the skin.
- Allergies, asthma and respiratory diseases may be caused by exposure to dust in the farm or in the farm buildings.
- Burns caused by flammable substances, chemicals, electricity and farm fires.
- Asbestosis and mesothelioma caused by exposure to asbestos dust.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome due to compression of the median nerve in the wrist.
- Repetitive strain injury caused by repetitive work, awkward posture, forceful exertions and vibrating tools.
- Tendonitis – inflammation of tendons – can be treated with rest, elevation, NSAIDs, physiotherapy and occupational therapy.
- Vibration white finger caused by operating hand-held vibrating tools and machinery.
- Amputations – working with dangerous machinery requires proper training while poorly maintained machinery or tools may cut off your limbs.
If you have suffered on of these or any other injury or condition, call us to discuss your potential claim. Our numbers are 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. You will then be connected to a no win no fee* Sutton Benger solicitor who will fight your case in court or out of court to negotiate for the maximum possible amount of compensation.