What if I sustain an injury at work and need to make a claim with a no win no fee* Stone lawyer?
Stone is an old market town in Staffordshire. It is the second town, after Stafford itself, in the Borough of Stafford, and has long been of importance from the point of view of communications. Stone gave its name to both an urban district council and a rural district council before becoming part of the borough in 1974. In 2001 it had a population of 14,555.
If you live in Stone and have an injury at work there are some important facts you need to know. All employers have a duty of care to their employees. This means they have a legal responsibility to protect the health and safety of their staff while they are in the workplace. They should:
- Record accidents in an accident book
- Report serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Make sure staff take proper breaks
- Make sure walkways are kept clean and free from obstruction
- Have a health and safety policy the details of which all staff are aware of
- Making sure staff have enough room to work in comfortably
- Ensure that all equipment and plant is in proper working order and safe
- Provide, free of charge, any clothing needed to protect staff
- Ensure staff are properly trained to use any plant and equipment
- Carry out risk assessments and act on any findings
These are just a few of the things an employer needs to do. If they do not keep the workplace safe and you have an accident through their negligence, you may be entitled to make a claim using a lawyer versed in the no win no fee* Stone process.
Your accident might mean you can start an injury claim in Stone
If you have an accident at work and it wasn’t your fault, you may be entitled to make an injury claim. Work related accidents can produce extremely serious injuries, but even if your injury is minor you should discuss it with Accident Advice Helpline to see if you are able to make an injury claim in Stone.
Employers will have liability insurance
It is a legal requirement for most employers to have employer’s liability insurance. This must provide a minimum cover of £5,000,000 although a lot of insurance companies have an entry level of £10,000,000. You have no need to worry that you will force the business to close, or lose your workmates’ jobs, because it is this insurance that will pay your injury claim in Stone, not your boss.Open Claim Calculator
The law allows for you to make a claim for compensation if you have been injured as a result of an accident which was not your fault.
Compensation is awarded by taking into account the extent of the injuries, the pain and suffering caused, and any long term effects that you are likely to suffer. You can also make a claim for loss of earnings and any other out of pocket expenses.
To find out how much your claim might be worth take our 30 second test today. Or call our expert team on 0800 689 0500 now.