Prevent repetitive strain injury
In many jobs there is the possibility that you could suffer from repetitive strain injury. Repetitive strain injury (RSI) is common in many office jobs, as a result of typing day in day out, but RSI could also be caused by doing any task over and over again, as this put pressure on the part of your body that you are using to complete the task. There are things that both you and your employer can do to prevent repetitive strain injury, and you should know what these are so that you can keep yourself protected and hopefully not require a no win no fee Rushyford claims lawyer.
Reduce muscle stress
In an office job, you wouldn’t expect to be under particular muscle stress day in day out. However, sitting at a computer and typing can actually be significantly stressful for your body, and can cause RSI.
- Sit comfortably at your desk. Your chair should be at the right level for your arms and hands to rest easily at your keyboard and you should be resting comfortably with the chair supporting your back.
- Sit upright and place both feet flat on the floor. Hunching can lead to posture problems as well as injury.
- Don’t use wrist rests. Although these were invented to help prevent against RSI, they can actually make the problem worse. Keep your wrists straight and your hands extended over the keyboard.
Rest and stretch
You should take plenty of breaks when you are doing any kind of repetitive activity, including typing. Work for half an hour and then take 5 minutes to stand up and walk around, stretch out your muscles and joints and so on.
- Stretching your wrists can help to prevent RSI.
- Push both palms together in front of your chest and undulate them from side to side.
- Rotate your hands both clockwise and anti-clockwise
- Stretch out each of your fingers and expand and contract around your palm.
Who will be able to sort out my work related claim?
Accident Advice Helpline is here to help you make your no win no fee Rushyford claims. For over 16 years we have been providing access to justice for non-blame victims of accidents. We have helped many thousands of claimants’ get the compensation to which they were entitled and have an enviable reputation for complete customer satisfaction.
Accident Advice Helpline have in-house solicitors who have the experience and knowledge you need to ensure that your claim is covered in all areas, that you get the maximum amount due with as little trouble to yourself as possible with no win no fee Rushyford claims.
Alternatively, you can speak to one of our friendly, professional advisers on our number on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone. This line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; we are there to give you free advice whenever you want to call and arrange a chat with a no win no fee Rushyford claims lawyer.