Health and safety is very important in the workplace, it is one of the reasons we have a Health and Safety Executive (HSE). They produce and regulate the laws regarding health and safety and will punish employers, and anyone one else, who does not comply.
One instance of the is the employers liability insurance. Most employers have to take out a policy for this and as part of that, the insurance company provides an annual certificate to show the continuation of cover. This certificate should really be on display for everyone to see and if it is not, the employer should produce it immediately on request. If they fail to do this, the fine is £1000. Even worse for them though is not having the insurance. HSE will fine them £2500 for each day they are uninsured.
Interested in making a no win no fee* in Priddy claim?
HSE have a very user friendly website that has information relating to health and safety of most trades and if you are unsure about anything, they will always help you, as their one aim is to ensure peoples safety. Their site also shows general rules and regulations that apply to all businesses, just some of these being:
- Ensure the staff have enough space to work in comfort.
- Ensure all plant and equipment is in proper working order, that all safety devices are fitted and in proper working order and that the operatives are adequately trained in the use of the machinery.
- Not letting staff use the equipment if any of the above is not in place.
- Make sure all employees take proper breaks.
- Keep walkways free and clear of spillages and obstructions.
- Do not allow trailing wires.
- Make sure there are signs warning of any potential hazards.
- Keep an accident book and make sure all accidents, no matter how minor, are recorded in it.
- They must put procedures in place in case there is an emergency.
- Carry out regular fire drills.
- Have a health and safety policy and make sure all employees adhere to it.
- Report any serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
- Provide any protective clothing that is needed free of charge.
- Carry out risk assessments and act on their findings.
If you have been injured in an accident at work, through no fault of your own, you should contact the injury lawyers at Accident Advice Helpline. We have been dealing with work related injuries and illnesses for over 15 years and have helped many thousands of claimants, from all types of accidents, get the compensation they were due.
We have a 30-second test on our website which will let you know if you qualify to make a no win no fee* in Priddy claim and give you a rough idea of the amount you may receive.
Or you can contact our advisers on the freephone number at the top of the screen. They are professional, friendly and trained to give you free legal advice regarding your claim. After you have had a chat with them, if you still want to proceed, they will start your no win no fee* in Priddy claim for you.
Date Published: 5th February 2014
Author: David Brown