A criminal injury is a special type of personal injury – it is one that a person suffers during a criminal act. Therefore, dealing with a claim for compensation for a criminal injury is a specialised area of litigation. If you have suffered a criminal injury in Newton Aycliffe then you will have to find a specialised lawyer working for no win no fee* in Newton Aycliffe. It is probably not a good idea to just pick any random lawyer offering no win no fee* in Newton Aycliffe to handle your case.
Criminal injury lawyers offering no win no fee* in Newton Aycliffe are a special type of lawyer with expertise and experience in criminal injury law and who work on a no win no fee* basis – this allows you to avoid the upfront legal costs to get the claim started.
If you have suffered a criminal injury, you will be coping with both the injury itself and the financial problems that injuries can cause – this is one of the main reasons that people decide to claim compensation. There is an organisation has been set up to help people in this situation called The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority.
This authority operates set of rules and procedures to determine which people will receive the compensation and how much each claimant will receive. Here are a few tips to help you with your claim.
Top 5 tips for finding a criminal lawyer for no win no fee* in Newton Aycliffe
- Contact Accident Advice Helpline – they can help with your search for a criminal injury lawyer offering no win no fee* in Newton Aycliffe. The further advantage of using them is that you can contact them at a time and on a day that is convenient to you. They will take your call 24 hours a day; 7 days a week.
- Let the friendly, professional advisers at Accident Advice Helpline help you to take the unique 30 second test – it will work out whether your criminal injury claim is likely to be successful.
- Get one of Accident Advice Helpline’s criminal injury lawyers allocated to your case – they will liaise with the Criminal Injury Compensation Authority for you and guide you through the system. If you find anything confusing or worrying about the process they can advise you.
- Attend your medical assessment appointment if you are asked to – it is a recognised way of proving that you were injured. The majority of claims are handled over the telephone so it is not likely that you will have loads of appointments with lawyers to worry about.
- Do not assume that all lawyers offering no win no fee* in Newton Aycliffe are the same! Make sure that you get an expert on your side!
So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
Date Published: 22nd February 2014
Author: Sharon Parry