County Durham in the north-east of England includes the cathedral city of Durham and was home to 859,600 people in 2016. The area once relied on mining, agriculture and the cultivation of mustard, and Sunderland was the largest shipbuilding town in the world. With the decline of industry the service sector has boomed, employing many local people. If you have been injured in a workplace accident here, then searching for no-win, no-fee lawyers in County Durham should be your priority. If you choose a lawyer who doesn’t offer this service then you could find yourself responsible for paying expensive legal fees even if your claim is not successful. Accident Advice Helpline’s lawyers work on a 100% no-win, no-fee basis, so you don’t need to worry about this happening.
How do accidents at work happen?
Workplace accidents are often the result of negligence by an employer or even a colleague. You might be wondering what could possibly go wrong if you work in an office or a shop, but accidents can and do happen in almost any type of workplace. Here are a few examples of the most common accidents we have handled claims for since 2000:
- Slips, trips and falls – for example, tripping over trailing cables in the office at work or slipping on a wet floor in a shop
- Falls from height – for example whilst working on a roof or from a faulty ladder
- Electric shock from faulty tools or machinery, or from contact with overhead power lines
- Injured by objects falling from height, such as from scaffolding or from poorly installed shelves in a shop or office
- Repetitive strain injury from carrying out repetitive tasks such as factory work or typing
- Manual handling injuries from lifting heavy or bulky items without proper training
Then there are the more serious types of injuries such as industrial illness from exposure to asbestos or industrial deafness after being exposed to loud noises without hearing protection. In some cases these injuries can be permanent or lead to illness which can be fatal, such as mesothelioma after asbestos exposure.
Finding the right no-win, no-fee lawyers in County Durham
Rather than wasting time searching for no-win, no-fee lawyers in County Durham, you could just get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline. There’s a three-year time limit in place to claim personal injury compensation, and we’re here to make sure you get the compensation you deserve if you have been injured in a workplace accident. Whether you have sprained your ankle after slipping on a wet floor in an office or sustained serious crush injuries from a factory accident, we want to help you. You can call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile today (charges apply) to find out more about making a claim and get no-obligation advice from our expert advisors. You could even use the 30-second calculator on our website to get an idea of how much compensation you could be entitled to claim.