If you are just starting to think about consulting the no win no fee* lawyers in Colchester for a slip, trip or fall on some ice or snow then you are probably also thinking about how your accident could have been prevented in the first place! Bear in mind that you can only consult the no win no fee* lawyers in Colchester if the accident was someone else’s fault and in the case of a slip or trip on ice then that means – could anyone have done something to prevent it?
Accident Advice Helpline know that a successful personal injury claim will show that there were steps that someone could have taken to prevent the fall – but these steps were not taken. The no win no fee* lawyers in Colchester will then show that you were injured as a result of the accident that followed and that you deserve compensation. Finally, they will present evidence about the money that you have lost because you were injured.
Accident Advice Helpline are the experts in pursuing successful personal injury claims and help you get in touch with the best no win no fee* lawyers in Colchester to suit your needs.
What could have been done to prevent your claim with the no win no fee* lawyers in Colchester?
It is no secret that ice and snow are slippery! Therefore steps should be taken to prevent accidents.
- Compile a comprehensive plan to tackle icy and snowy conditions so that everyone knows what should be done when the weather deteriorates. The ‘ice plan’ may be written down but will definitely have to be communicated to relevant staff.
- The next step is to thoroughly risk assess all the outdoor walkways and areas where employees and members of the public will be walking in order to identify those surfaces that are likely to present a hazard. Pay particular attention to areas that are in shade or always wet, sloped areas and steps are amongst the most vulnerable surfaces.
- Next, continually monitor the weather forecast over the winter months to find out when bad weather is forecast. Pay particular attention to the predicted temperatures.
- If it may freeze then you should take steps to reduce slip hazards. Methods include applying grit early in the evening before the frost settles or putting insulation down.
- In very slippery areas it may be best to prevent access all together until the frost has gone – cordon off the area with appropriate signs and barriers.
If these measures have not been introduced and a member of the public or an employee is injured in a fall on an icy surface then they may have grounds to contact some no win no fee* lawyers in Colchester and start a personal injury claim.Open Claim Calculator