The town of Hawick in the Scottish Borders is 10 miles from Jedburgh and had a population of 14,294 in 2011. Some of the most luxurious merino wool and cashmere in the world is produced here, with many companies having manufacturing plants in the town. Working with heavy machinery in an industrial setting such as a factory can be dangerous, and when accidents happen they can result in serious injury. If you’re a factory worker who has been injured, making a no win, no fee in Hawick claim could be an option for you.
Injuries sustained in a factory could include:
- Crush injuries from trapping your hands or arms in machinery with moving parts
- Loss of fingers or limbs relating to crush injuries
- Burns from hot water, dyes or industrial ovens
- Repetitive strain injury from carrying out repetitive tasks over long periods of time
- Manual handling injuries from lifting heavy items without proper training
- Slip or trip injuries if you slip on a wet floor or trip over hazards
- Injured by faulty machinery – for example debris causing eye or facial injuries
If you’ve been injured, your employer could be held liable if they have breached health and safety regulations or failed to keep you safe at work. Making a no win, no fee in Hawick claim could be possible within three years of your accident, but you’ll need to contact a personal injury lawyer to find out if you’re eligible. Luckily, Accident Advice Helpline’s lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee basis and specialise in personal injury law.
Claiming compensation with Accident Advice Helpline
If you have been injured in a factory and are considering making a no win, no fee in Hawick claim, you can contact Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500. It’s free to call our 24/7 helpline and get confidential, no-obligation advice from our team of personal injury lawyers. Whether you’ve suffered serious, life-changing injuries such as crush injuries or have sustained minor injuries, your employer shouldn’t be able to get away with negligence. You can make a claim at any time after your accident, provided it’s within three years, and we’ll support you every step of the way.
Why not take the 30-second test on our website right now to see how much compensation you could be entitled to claim? Then pick up the phone and give us a call – our team of personal injury advisors are waiting to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Date Published: 28th January 2014
Author: David Brown