Have you been injured by whiplash in Hastings?
Because so many of us drive, there are sadly lots of accidents on UK roads each year. Some of the main reasons for these accidents are:
- Speeding – Over 400 people a year are killed in crashes involving someone who exceeds the speed limit or drives too fast for the road conditions.
- Drink Driving – Over 280 people die a year in crashes in which someone was over the legal drink drive limit. Never drink and drive!
- Not wearing a seatbelt – Around 200 lives each year could be saved if all passengers and drivers wore their seat belt.
- Careless Driving – More than 300 deaths a year involve someone being careless, reckless or in a hurry. Slow down and be careful!
- At work – Over a third of fatal and serious road crashes involve someone who was at work.
- Inexperience – Over 400 people are killed in crashes involving young car drivers who are aged between 17 and 24 years.
Whiplash is the most common injury from road traffic accidents
Road traffic accidents can cause serious cases of whiplash. Whiplash is where the victim has experienced damage to the soft tissue in and around their neck, back and shoulders causing terrible pain and limited movement. Other areas that can be affected when minor whiplash occurs can be the bones or joints. Whiplash can bruise the soft tissue as well as cause damaging ligament tearing which in many cases can require x-rays and scans. The medical help required can become costly, which is one of the many good reasons to claim ‘no win, no fee’ Hastings compensation for your whiplash accident.
In severe cases of whiplash, after it occurs, people have suffered from a mixture of the following side effects;
- Pins and needles
- Excruciating pain
- Difficulty sleeping
- Cuts and bleeding
- Muscle pain
After experiencing whiplash, many people find getting into a comfortable sitting and sleeping position difficult, meaning they are not able to rest or sleep. This isn’t always temporary, sometimes effects can be permanent. As well as causing irritability, many people who suffer from accidents experience emotional upset which can be due to various factors. The accident could have caused shock, or the person could be struggling financially. If the accident that you were involved that caused you whiplash wasn’t your fault and took place within the past three years, you should get in touch to start a ‘no win, no fee’ Hastings claim.
Call to claim ‘no win, no fee’ Hastings compensation for whiplash
Accident Advice Helpline will provide you with professional no win no fee Hastings solicitors, so get in touch with one of the most helpful customer services teams in the industry – Accident Advice Helpline. Lines are open 24/7, simply call 0800 689 0500 or call from a mobile on 0333 500 0993.
Date Published: 20th July 2014
Author: David Brown