A torn muscle can happen because of an accident or larger injury, and sometimes it can occur because of trying to stay active through an already damaged and sore muscle. If it does happen, though, it can be very painful, and almost as debilitating as a break for a little while.
Some muscle tears are serious enough to need medical treatment, whilst others can be dealt with at home. If you think you have a muscle tear, here are some things that you should consider doing.
- Call a doctor. When dealing with a muscle tear, a sprain, or any sort of injury that means that you can’t walk or are in extreme pain, you should speak to a medical practitioner. It is better to be safe than sorry when it comes to your body, and having a professional look at it will make you feel more secure.
- Apply ice to the area. Wherever it hurts you should place ice or a cold compress against it. It will help to reduce the blood flow to the area and stop swelling and inflammation.
- Wrap the injury. This wrap should not be too tight, as you don’t want to stop the blood flow, but tight enough to support the injury and reduce the blood flow a little.
- Rest. Obviously when the injury first happens you will probably have no option but to rest as you may find it difficult to move that area of your body. But until you are recovered you should try to stay off the muscle and avoid exercise.
- Take painkillers. Ibuprofen helps to numb the pain and also brings down swelling, so can be very helpful in your recovery from a muscle tear.
When to make a no win no fee* in Dunoon claim for compensation
if you have torn a muscle as the result of an accident which was not your fault then you may be entitled to make a compensation claim using no win no fee* in Dunoon against the other party.
Accident Advice Helpline has over 15 years’ experience in the field of personal injury compensation claims, and works with experienced and dedicated injury solicitors to help you to get the compensation you are owed.
You can call the helpline 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 to speak to the friendly, helpful team about your accident, and they will help you to decide whether or not you want to go ahead with a no win no fee* in Dunoon claim.
You are under no obligation to proceed after this phone call, but if you do decide to go ahead we will work on a no win no fee* in Dunoon basis to process your claim. Your lawyers will keep you updated as to the status of your claim, and you can call the helpline whenever you need for advice and support.
Date Published: 8th February 2014
Author: David Brown