Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a distressing and painful condition that can affect anyone, of any age and any background. It often takes time to develop and symptoms can start to develop at night initially, causing insomnia. If you need help to make your no win no fee in Dorney personal injury compensation claim call us today.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome – the causes
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome can develop gradually over a long period of time. It is a painful condition that affects the wrist, fingers and thumb of the hand. The median nerve which controls sensation and movement of the fingers runs through the Carpal Tunnel in the wrist. This consists of small bones and a tough band of fibrous tissue which acts as a pulley for the fingers. Once compressed, the painful symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome can develop.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome – the symptoms
The symptoms of this debilitating condition may include:
- Severe pain and discomfort in the wrist, fingers and thumb
- Pins and needles in the fingers
- Loss of sensation in the fingers and thumb
- Weakness in the fingers and thumb
- Loss of fine motor function and grip
Treating Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Once diagnosed by a medical practitioner, this painful condition can be treated in a number of ways. Self help medications and treatments include:
- Resting the affected wrist and fingers
- Avoiding wet, cold and icy conditions as these aggravate the syndrome
- Taking painkillers such as anti-inflammatory medications
- Using a wrist splint to support the wrist adequately
Surgical treatments include:
- Corti-costeroid injection into the wrist to relieve the pain and pressure
- Surgery on the median nerve to relieve the pressure and restore function
Why choose Accident Advice Helpline?
- We are a well established law firm that specialise in processing personal injury compensation claims for people who have been injured through no fault of their own.
- We offer a dedicated team of advisers who can offer no obligation advice over the phone.
- Our helpline is open 7 days a week.
- Our team of highly experienced and knowledgeable injury solicitors can provide a complete claims service, handling all aspects of your no win no fee in Dorney personal injury compensation claim on your behalf.
- Our injury solicitors will ensure that your no win no fee in Dorney personal injury compensation claim is processed with accountability, integrity and reliability throughout your claim.
- Our patron is Esther Rantzen, the people’s champion for campaigning for consumer rights for the individual.
- We provide a unique 30-second online test for you to try from the comfort of your own home. Within just 30 seconds, you can establish your eligibility to make a no win no fee in Dorney personal injury compensation claim!
Call us today on our freephone landline number 0800 689 0500, or from a mobile you can reach us on 0333 500 0993. Our advisers are waiting to answer your questions and to make sure you have all the information you need in order to make a successful personal injury claim.
Date Published: 18th February 2014