A guide to making a no win no fee* Doncaster personal injury compensation claim for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
What is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is the name given to a condition which affects the median nerve in the wrist which controls sensation and movement of the fingers. If this median nerve becomes compressed, then the symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome can become apparent. This nerve runs through the Carpal Tunnel in the wrist, which comprises of small bones and a tough band of tendon which acts as a pulley for the fingers.
What causes Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in the first place?
The reason for the development of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is not clear. However, several risk factors have been identified which may increase the risk of this distressing condition developing, including:
- Repetitive use of the wrist for long periods of time
- A family history of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- A pre-existing condition such as Diabetes or Rheumatoid Arthritis
- A previous injury to the wrist
What are the symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
The symptoms may develop gradually, over a long period of time and may include:
- Pain in the wrist and fingers
- Inability to grip and carry out fine motor functions
- Pins and needles in the fingers and thumb
- Insomnia due to the pain and discomfort at night
- Symptoms may be worse in cold, wet and windy weather
Is there any treatment for this condition?
Yes. A medical practitioner will diagnose the condition and suggest various self-help treatments to alleviate the symptoms including:
- Resting the affected wrist as much as possible
- Painkillers such as ibuprofen
- A wrist splint to support the wrist and fingers
- A corti-costeroid injection into the wrist to alleviate the pain
- Surgery in the event of extreme discomfort to relieve the pressure on the median nerve
How do I know if I can make a no win no fee* Doncaster personal injury compensation claim?
The dedicated team at Accident Advice Helpline are available to provide you with the relevant and up-to-date no obligation information that you need at this difficult time. They can inform you over the phone of your legal entitlement to make a no win no fee* Doncaster personal injury compensation claim.Open Claim Calculator
With over 13 years’ experience in helping people, just like you, to claim their legal entitlement to compensation following an accident that wasn’t their fault. Their highly trained team of professional injury solicitors can handle all aspects of your claim.
What are the benefits of using Accident Advice Helpline?
- They have a wealth of knowledge and experience about handling personal injury compensation claims
- They operate on a no win no fee* basis
- They are a dedicated team of advisers and professional injury solicitors
- They have over 13 years’ experience in processing personal injury claims
- They offer a unique 30 second online test to find out if you are eligible from the comfort of your own home
- Their helpline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week