Food poisoning is a distressing and debilitating condition that can have serious consequences for the victim. Did you know that Accident Advice Helpline can help you claim compensation using no win no fee in Dollar?
The incidence of food poisoning is rising due to the changing pace of our lifestyles and the increase in the consumption of convenience foods. Preparing meals using raw ingredients is no longer the ‘norm’, with many households consuming a large amount of ready to eat, pre-packed and pre-prepared foods on a weekly basis.
What is food poisoning and how is it caused?
Food poisoning is caused by the contamination of foods by bacteria and viruses. Once this food is consumed, the person may develop symptoms of food poisoning.
Foods may become contaminated through various means.
- Poor hygiene practices such as lack of hand washing and washing of utensils
- Poor storage of chilled and raw foods in fridges
- Unsafe methods of defrosting frozen foods
- Insufficient cooking of foods to kill off bacteria and viruses
- Eating foods that are beyond their use by dates
Food poisoning symptoms often develop rapidly and can be violent, including vomiting, diarrhoea and fever. Generally, food poisoning can develop between 6-24 hours following the consumption of contaminated foods.
Talk to Accident Advice Helpline about a claim
If you’ve suffered food poisoning, call and speak to one of our friendly advisors. They can confirm if you can make a compensation claim using no win no fee in Dollar, and they can give you an estimate of your potential compensation. To do this they will need to check some details.
- Was your accident caused by someone else? If you caused your food poisoning, you cannot claim. If you were ill after eating out or having bought badly stored food, then you can.
- Was your accident in the last 3 years? This is the deadline for making a claim.
- Did you see a doctor? You must receive treatment.
Find out more about no win no fee in Dollar
Accident Advice Helpline can explain how no win no fee in Dollar works. We always use this method and it allows us to start your claim without you making any upfront payments.
Our advisors can answer all your questions about making a claim, so call now on 0800 689 0500, free if you call from a landline, or you can call 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.
With over 15 years of experience, we can get you the best compensation so call Accident Advice Helpline now.