No win no fee* compensation claims in Sheffield
If you, or any of the residents of Sheffield, have eaten at a restaurant and the meal has made you ill, you may want to speak to an injury lawyer in Sheffield about making a food poisoning injury claim.
You may want to talk with a no win no fee* injury lawyer in Sheffield if you have had a take away meal that has made you ill
If proper precautions are not taken at restaurants, canteens, supermarkets or take away places, that all handle foods, people can become ill with food poisoning. If this is the case and you get food poisoning from any of these places, you may want to talk about making a no win no fee* compensation claim in Sheffield, with an injury lawyer.
How does your food become contaminated?
Food becomes contaminated usually because not enough care has been taken to prevent it from occurring. Food poisoning happens when food is contaminated with bacteria. People should make sure that:
- Food that is past its use by date should not be used
- Food should not be handled by someone who is ill or has dirty hands
- Cross contamination of foods where bacteria can spread such as work surfaces and equipment should be avoided
- Food has been cooked properly
- Food that should be chilled is stored at temperatures under five degrees
- Cooked food should not be left at warm temperatures for too long
Certain types of food are susceptible to bacteria and contamination and people should take more care when handling such foods as:
- Pre packed sandwiches
- Raw eggs
- Raw shellfish
- Unpasteurized milk
- Burgers and sausages
- Raw meat and poultry
- Cooked sliced meats
- Soft cheese
If you do get food poisoning, most cases are mild and should clear up within 3 to 4 days, but if you have a more severe case this could cause more long term problems. It has been known to damage the central nervous system and even cause death.
If you know where you contracted the food posioning it will make it easier for your injury lawyer. These are the things that can help with your claim:
- Keep al the relevant receipts such as supermarket till receipts and restaurant bills
- Find out if other people that ate with you are also ill
- Takes names and details of possible witnesses
- List what and where you have eaten in the previous 48 hours
- If you still have the suspect food, freeze it to preserve it
Accident Advice Helpline will assist you in making your food poisoning claim. Over the last 13 years we have helped many thousands of claimants, where the problem was not their fault, with their personal injury compensation claim, including many for food poisoning.
We have an online 30-second test you can complete, or you can phone our free helpline on 0800 180 4123, and speak to one of our friendly advisors, they will help you start your food poisoning claim.