Take the right action when making ‘no win, no fee’ claims in Harrow for accidents in the workplace
Unfortunately, the workplace is an area whereby accidents can often occur. Of course there are some industries whereby accidents are more likely, such as the construction sector. Nonetheless, this does not mean that any working environments are immune to accidents. If your employer has failed to provide the safe working area they are legally obliged to, then you will be entitled to compensation. It is pivotal to make sure you take the right steps so that this goes smoothly…
- See a doctor – First and foremost, it is imperative to ensure you receive medical attention. Your health is the most important thing after all. Moreover, if you do not see a medical professional you will not be able to claim, as there will be no proof that you have suffered an injury.
- Report the accident – The next thing you need to do is make sure you report the incident. This is the proper channel to go down and will ensure you do not run into any hurdles later down the line. All employers are required by law to have an accident book. So, tell your safety representative or manager of the incident and make sure they document it in the book.
- Make a note of the incident – It is always a good idea to make a note of what happened, in as much detail as possible. This will ensure you do not forget anything later down the line.
- Get witness contact details – Were there any people who witnessed the incident? If so, get their contact details. This is always a good idea, as witness statements can prove to be extremely valuable when it comes to creating a strong case.
- Keep proof of expenses – Last but not least, it is vital to ensure you keep proof of any expenses you have encountered as a result of the injury. This can be anything from childcare costs to medical expenses. You will be able to claim for these as special damages.
Get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline if you have any questions about ‘no win, no fee’ claims in Harrow or would like to make a claim
Call, text or complete the handy 30 second calculator on our website. The details you need are:
Helpline numbers: 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
You can try the quick and easy 30 second test on our website, http://www.accidentadvicehelpline.co.uk/30-second-test
Or why not text ‘Claim365’ to 88010?
Date Published: 21st September 2014
Author: David Brown