No win no fee* Capernway and making a criminal injury claim
The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) administers the payments of the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme, which is a government funded scheme that was set up to compensate the blameless victims of violent crime. Before submitting a claim to them, you have to have tried to obtain compensation from the assailant. If you do not know who this is, or if they do not have the means to pay you, the CICA will consider your claim.
If these are the circumstances you find yourself in, no win no fee* Capernway solicitors can help you make your criminal injury claim.
The things the scheme will pay for
Payments from the scheme include the following:
- Personal injury following a single incident of violence
- Personal injury following a period of abuse, mental or physical
- Loss of earnings caused by the injuries
- Special expense payments, to cover specific injury-related needs which are not available free of charge from any other source
- Fatal injuries, including loss of parental services and financial dependency
- Funeral and probate expenses
These payments need careful consideration to make sure you do not lose out on the compensation that is due to you, and that is why you should approach no win no fee* Capernway solicitors to help with your criminal injury claim.
The criteria no win no fee* Capernway solicitors need you to fit to make a claim
As with any compensation claim, there are criteria you need to fit, some of them are:Open Claim Calculator
- The incident happened within the last two years, unless you were less than 18 years old at the time when this rule is slightly different
- You reported it to the police and helped with their enquiries to give them more chance of apprehending the guilty party
- Your injuries needed medical attention
- You were a direct victim of a crime of violence
- You were not to blame for the incident
- You sustained an injury while taking an exceptional and justified risk, while trying to remedy or prevent a crime
- You sustained a mental injury as a result of witnessing or being involved in the immediate aftermath of an incident in which a loved one is injured
- You are a qualifying relative of a victim who has died from injuries caused by a crime of violence
- You are a British citizen or EU national with a right to be in the UK
As long as you comply to the rules, you would be able to make a criminal injury claim.
Accident Advice Helpline
Accident Advice Helpline can help you through the complex processes of making a criminal injury claim. We have nearly 14 years’ experience of handling these and all other types of personal injury claims, and our expertise can only be of benefit to you at this time.
Just call our helpline on 0800 689 0500, and speak to one of our advisors, you will find them friendly and compassionate and the call will be in complete confidence.