No win no fee Canterbury
Food poisoning is something that is unnecessary if only food outlets took all the necessary precautions. This is not just eateries serving hot food, but supermarkets and shops as well. Anywhere that sells food of any kind, if care is not taken they can cause victims to be come ill and may then have to deal with no win no fee Canterbury lawyers when a customer makes a food poisoning compensation claim.
How they can avoid a food poisoning claim made by no win no fee Canterbury lawyers
Food poisoning is caused mainly by bacteria contaminating the food and to a large extent this can be avoided if:
- Basic hygiene is observed. Keeping hands, aprons, work surfaces, utensils, in fact anything that comes in contact with the food, clean at all times
- Make sure the food is properly cooked
- Keep foods are the correct temperatures when storing them
- Do not keep cooked food at warm temperatures for prolonged periods, this is a perfect breeding ground for bacteria
- Discard any food that shows it is out of date, the use by date is there for a reason
- Clean all fresh food properly
- If food has been thawed but not used, do not re-freeze it, throw it away
- Avoid cross contaminating foods by cleaning knives and other utensils every time you change from preparing one food to another
Using no win no fee Canterbury lawyers for a food poisoning claim would be a lot less likely if more food outlets followed the guidelines.
The foods that need more care
There are some foods that are more likely to became contaminated and more care should be taken with them. Such foods as:
- Burgers and sausages
- Poultry, pork and raw meat
- Cooked sliced meats
- Soft cheeses
- Pre packed sandwiches
- Raw eggs
- Raw shellfish
- Unpasteurised milk
Reporting your food poisoning
If food you have purchased, no matter if it is cooked or a ready meal, if it makes you ill there stands a good chance it will affect others as well. To try and prevent this, you should report your case of food poisoning to the Foods Standards Agency who will tack the source of the contamination and put an end to it.
Make your food poisoning claim with Accident Advice Helpline
At Accident Advice Helpline dealing with a food poisoning compensation claim is not unusual, we have over the years helped many customers obtain the compensation to which they were entitled, whether their claim was for food poisoning or some other type of injury.
Our in house solicitors are experienced in these matters, and will ensure you claim is maximised to get the correct amount of compensation for you.
On our website there is a 30-second test for guidance, or you can ring our freephone number on 0800 180 4123, and speak to one of our friendly advisors who will guide you through the processes of making a personal injury claim.