If you have injuries caused by an accident that was not your fault, you may be considering no-win, no-fee* Campbeltown claims with Accident Advice Helpline.
No-win, no-fee* Campbeltown lawyers say that employers and employees need to work together
Employers and employees have responsibilities to keep the workplace safe, otherwise workers may be injured through no fault of their own.
An employer’s duties
Employers should be:
- Protecting their health and safety while in the workplace
- Having regular fire drills
- Keeping walkways and passageways free of spillages and obstructions
- Making sure there are no trailing wires
- Making sure all equipment in use works properly and that any safety devices needed are fitted as well
- Making sure the staff know how to use the equipment with putting themselves or anyone else in danger
- Provide any protective clothing that is needed, free of charge
- Having emergency procedures in place that all the staff know
- Carrying out risk assessments and acting on any safety issue that is found
These are just a few of the rules employers need to follow. A full list together with trade specific rules can be found on the Health and Safety Executive website.
An employee’s duties
Employees should be:
- Not appearing at work the worse for alcohol, this is a sackable offence
- Not putting themselves or anyone else in danger
- Keeping the work area in a tidy condition, if not it may cause someone to have an accident
- Ensuring they wear any protective clothing provided
- Ensuring any machinery is in proper working order before they use it, if not report it immediately
- Taking any breaks that are part of the working day, tiredness can lead to lack of concentration which can be lethal
If employees are not sensible at work, they could cause someone else to be injured in an accident.
Making a work related claim with no-win, no-fee* Campbeltown lawyers
Even if everyone does what they should at work, accidents will still happen and then the important factor no-win, no-fee* Campbeltown lawyers will want to know is whose fault is was.
You can contact our helpline on 0800 689 0500, or you can call us from a mobile phone on 0333 500 0993 and speak to one of our friendly professional advisors, to put your claim in motion. They will give you all the information you need to decide if you want to make a personal injury claim with a no-win, no-fee* Campbeltown provider. Or you can complete the 30-second test on our website for a rough idea of the amount you may be awarded.
We operate on a no-win, no-fee* basis, so you have no need to worry about the costs. It’s free whatever way you decide to contact us, and you will have nothing to pay to start your claim or if your claim is lost.
Date Published: 27th January 2014
Author: David Brown
Category: Location Posts