By their nature, workshops are dangerous and hazardous environments to work in. Many accidents which occur in workshops are caused through a lack of health and safety procedures and mechanical failures.
If you have been injured as the result of a workshop related accident, then you may wish to pursue a personal injury compensation claim. The law states that you are entitled to claim compensation for any injuries that are sustained as the result of an accident which occurred, that wasn’t your fault, within the last 3 years’.
Keeping the workshop safe
It is the employer’s responsibility to ensure that the environment is safe for all employees that work there. Health and Safety legislation is a legal requirement that is put in place to protect workers from becoming injured or compromising their health whilst working. However, employees also have a responsibility to ensure that they report any concerns to their employer regarding equipment, practices and procedures.
There are, however, steps that can be taken to protect all workers from injury, including:
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment such as overalls, disposable gloves, goggles, ear defenders, steel toe capped boots, knee defenders and masks
- Ensure that there is adequate ventilation in the workshop environment
- Replace tools in their correct locations
- Report any damage to tools to the employer
- Use the correct tools for the job as others may fail
- Ensure that wires and cables are not trailing across the workshop
- Dispose of liquids and flammable substances correctly
- Only trained personnel should enter the workshop
Workshop related injuries
Injuries that can be caused as a result of workshop accidents include:Open Claim Calculator
- Lacerations and bruising
- Soft tissue injuries such as sprains and strains
- Broken, fractured and dislocated bones
- Internal injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Limb injuries
- Crush injuries
- Head injuries
- Neck injuries including Whiplash
- Brain injuries
- Fatal injuries
No win no fee* in Berkshire
Don’t delay! Call Accident Advice Helpline’s team of helpful telephone advisers who can offer you the up-to-date and relevant advice that you need, to decide if making a no win no fee* in Berkshire compensation claim, is right for you and your circumstances.
Our telephone helpline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to take your call and provide answers to any questions that you may have about making a no win no fee* in Berkshire personal injury compensation claim.
Our injury solicitors can handle all aspects of your no win no fee* in Berkshire compensation claim for your workshop related injuries and will ensure that you are consulted in all aspects of your claim. By letting our professional injury solicitors process the claim on your behalf, you can relax, secure in the knowledge that your claim is being handled with accountability, reliability and integrity.
Just give us a call today on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or on 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.