If someone tells you they had a fall at work, it conjures up a vision of someone falling over, maybe having a few grazes. But if that fall happens to be down a flight of stairs, or from a height, the injuries can be much more serious, and are sometimes fatal.
Employers have a legal responsibility to protect the health and safety of their employees while they are at work. If they are negligent and you suffer a fall at work, or any other accident caused by your employers negligence, you may be able to make a no win no fee* in Bardsey claim for compensation and our solicitors can help you achieve this. Just some of the things employers should do are:
- Most employers have to have employers liability insurance with minimum cover of £5,000,000, although the entry level with most insurance companies is £10,000,000.
- They should have a health and safety policy that all the employees know the details of and they need to ensure it is implemented
- They should have procedures in place in case of an emergency situation
- Regular fire drills should be carried out
- They should make sure that walkways are kept free of obstacles and spillages
- They should carry out risk assessments and act upon act potential risks they find.
- All plant and equipment should be in proper working order an fitted with whatever safety devices needed
- The staff should be properly trained to use the equipment
- Everyone should have enough room to work in comfortably without excessive twisting and turning
- All employees should have proper break periods
- The employer should supply, free of charge, any protective clothing that is needed
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) monitor compliance and serious breaches can result in prosecution.
No win no fee* in Bardsey
Any serious accidents at work should be reported to HSE. Then you need to speak to one of the friendly advisers at Accident Advice Helpline. You need to find out if the circumstances of your accident, and the resulting injuries, entitle you to use our solicitors to make a personal injury no win no fee* in Bardsey claim. We have in excess of 16 years’ experience in dealing with work related accidents, as well as every other type of accident and injury you can think of.
You can contact us via:Open Claim Calculator
- Our online compensation calculator, also known as the 30-second test. This will let you know if you have a valid claim as well as give you an estimate of the amount you mat be awarded.
- Our online compensation claim form.
- Our freephone number, 0800 689 0500 where you can speak to one of our friendly advisors.
We operate on a no-win, no-fee* basis, and you will have no money to find until we win your claim.
There is a three-year time limit on making this type of claim, so don’t delay, contact us today and let us obtain the personal injury compensation that you are entitled to.