All employers have a legal duty to protect the health and safety of their employees while in the workplace. One of the things they have to do is have employers liability insurance in case an employee is injured at work and uses a personal injury lawyer to make a no win no fee* in Bamburgh injury claim against them.
The exceptions to the rule
There are some exceptions to the rule about insurance and for some of them it does not just apply to employer’s liability. Some government departments such as the police do not need motor insurance either. The main exceptions to employer’s liability are:
- Where employees are based abroad and in the course of their work, spend no more than 14 days a year in the UK.
- Health service organisations including NHS trusts, health authorities, primary care trusts and Scottish health boards.
- Some organisations that are financed by public funds such as passenger transport executives and magistrates.
- Companies with only their owner in employment where that person owns more than half of the issued share capital in that company.
- Government departments and agencies, local authorities, the police and nationalised industries.
- Family businesses, that are not limited companies, where all the employees are close family members including spouse, grandparents, children, grandchildren, brothers and sisters.
Although these concerns are exempt from the need to have the insurance, many of them buy it regardless to protect themselves in case of a personal injury claim being made by an employee.
Making a work related no win no fee* in Bamburgh claim
If you need to make a work related claim, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline, the experts in claiming compensation for victims of all types of accidents, not just work related ones.
Our user friendly website has a test that takes just 30 seconds to give you some guidance about the validity of your claim and the amount you can expect.
Our freephone helpline, 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993, is manned by friendly and professional advisors who will discuss your case with you and without any pressure at all, help you decide the best way forward. They will provide you with whatever information you need to help you decide if you want to make a no win no fee* in Bamburgh personal injury compensation claim, but you will be under no obligation to use our services to do so.
Date Published: 27th January 2014
Author: David Brown