If you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault and want to make a personal injury claim, you need as much evidence as possible against the guilty party. If your accident is at work and is caused through the negligence of your employer, the claim would be against then and a personal injury lawyer could help you with this. Some suggestions for evidence are are:
- Photos of the accident scene if possible, taken on a mobile phone perhaps
- Details of any witnesses
- A quick sketch of how you remember the scene to be – you do not have to be artistic, it is for your own purposes
- A medical report
- Quite often in a work related accident, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) are called to investigate the accident. A copy of any report they prepare could be vital.
- Anything else that could help with your claim
Legally, employers should protect the health and safety of their employees whilst they are at work and failure to do so can result in prosecution as well has the employee using a personal injury lawyer to make a no win no fee in Baltasound personal injury claim against them.
Making a no win no fee in Baltasound claim
If you want to make a work related no win no fee in Baltasound claim you need to consider a few things about your work situation to establish if your employer was at fault, such as, did they:
- Have a health and safety policy?
- Ensure you job did not entail excessive twisting, turning or use of vibrating tools?
- Make sure that all plant and equipment was in proper working order?
- Train the staff adequately to use the equipment?
- Provide any protective clothing that was needed?
- Have regular fire drills?
- Keep a record of all accident, no matter how minor?
- Report serious accidents to HSE?
- Have procedure in place in case of an emergency situation?
- Keep all walkways free of obstructions and spillages?
- Carry out risk assessments, and act on their findings?
These are just a sample of the precautions employers should take, a much fuller version being available on the HSE website, along with trade specific guidelines.
Employers liability insurance
Employers should also have employers liability insurance, which will settle any claims for compensation that are made against them by employees. Staff member need have no worry about putting their work mates out of a job because the insurance company will cover the costs, not the employer.
Let Accident Advice Helpline assist with your work related claim
Accident Advice Helpline has many years experience dealing with injury compensation claims of every type, including accidents at work. Our solicitors know how to handle insurance companies and will get the best deal possible for the employee. After all, the employer has paid the insurance premiums for many years and this could be their first liability claim.
Accident Advice Helpline has a freephone number, 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993, where anyone wanting to make a no win no fee in Baltasound compensation claim can speak to one of our friendly advisors. Alternatively you can visit our website and complete the 30-second test, this will give you an estimate of the amount you could be awarded.
Date Published: 27th January 2014
Author: David Brown