No win no fee in Ballantrae and making a claim because of a cycle accident
There are many ways a cycling accident can happen, and many do every year on UK roads. You may be injured because you:
- Had a collision with a motor vehicle
- Slipped off your cycle because of loose debris on the road or track
- Hit an unavoidable pothole in the road
- Come off you cycle because it is defective in some way
Any of these accidents could cause you a serious injury, and if they happened through no fault of your own then no win no fee Ballantrae lawyers want to hear from you.
No win no fee Ballantrae lawyers and the injuries you may sustain
Injuries sustained in a cycle accident can be minor, a few cuts and abrasions maybe. But they can also be very serious as cycle riders have little to protect them from road surfaces or other vehicles. Some of the injuries that no win no fee Ballantrae lawyers come across more often are:
- Road rash – where the rider has slid along the road and has skin and flesh torn from their bodies
- Fractures – there are 206 bones in our bodies just waiting to be cracked or broken
- Head and brain injuries – most cycling accident deaths are from brain injuries and cyclists should wear a good quality helmet to try and reduce the risk
- Damage to the joints – knee-pad and elbow pads can help reduce the risk of damaging the joints
- Facial injuries – unlike motorbike helmets, cyclist helmets do not cover the face and this is very easily injured in an accident
Any of these injuries can be very painful and some of them life changing. Brain injuries, even concussion the mildest of them, can have long-term effects and change the life of the victim, and those close to them, forever. In these circumstances, the victim is sometimes no longer capable of handling their own affairs and then a family member should contact us to make a personal injury claim on their behalf. They should not lose out on their legal rights because of their injury affects.
Accident Advice Helpline will help you with your personal injury compensation claim
If it was a pothole that caused your injury, the authority responsible for repairing the road should be accountable – if it was a defect on the bike then the manufacturer should pay you compensation – if it was the fault of another road user then the claim should be made to them. In most cases they will be insured for these eventualities, and it will be the insurance company that has to be dealt with and that will settle the claim.
Whoever is accountable, Accident Advice Helpline will deal with them on your behalf. We have been handling claims for many years and have achieved a high rate of success in getting compensation for those that deserved it.
Accident Advice Helpline is open 24 hours a day; on the other end of the phone you will find friendly, professional advisers. It is a free phone number – 0800 689 0500 – so you have nothing to lose and a lot to gain by making that call.
Date Published: 15th January 2014
Author: David Brown