No win no fee Aultbea solicitors
Carpal tunnel syndrome is an industrial condition that could be avoided if employers took the right precautions. Typists are particularly susceptible, as are pregnant women. In the case of typists, wrist rests could help prevent it; and with pregnant women, it usually disappears after the birth.
In the wrist, there are eight small bones known as the carpal bones. Lying across them are the tendons that join the arm to the hand. The space between the two forms a tunnel, through which runs the main nerve to the hand: the median nerve. If this nerve gets compressed or inflamed, you may suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome, a curable condition if it is not ignored.
If you contract this condition through the negligence of your employer, you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim. The easiest way to do this is to use no win no fee Aultbea lawyers at Accident Advice Helpline.
There are numerous causes of carpal tunnel syndrome, many of which are work-related, caused by such things as:
- Constantly using a keyboard;
- Regular heavy lifting;
- Repeated direct pressure to the base of the palm;
- Constantly using vibrating tools;
- Excessive forceful bending of the wrist; and
- Excessive forceful pinch grips.
These are just a few of the ways that can cause the condition to develop, but it could be avoided if your employer took the proper precautions. Many of them are very simple, like supplying a typist with a wrist rest, making sure workers know how to lift heavy objects correctly, and limiting the use of vibrating tools: simple things that could mean they do not have to face no win no fee Aultbea lawyers with a personal injury claim from an employee.
The signs of carpal tunnel syndrome
Although the symptoms will start quite minor, they do not take long to progress if ignored. Some of the things you may experience are:
- The first symptom is pins and needles, or a tingling sensation in the middle and index fingers. To start with, you may not notice it happening because it may just be in your fingertips.
- If carpal tunnel syndrome is not treated, the muscles will start to weaken and can eventually start to waste at the base of the thumb. This can lead to a lack of grip.
- This then changes to pain in the same two fingers, and the pain can travel up your forearm.
- As it worsens, the fingers and parts of the palm may become numb.
Making your personal injury compensation claim using no win no fee Aultbea lawyers at Accident Advice Helpline
If you have been injured in any way through no fault of your own, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline on our freephone number: 0800 180 4123. We have the experience you need to make a successful personal injury compensation claim, as well have been successfully making them for over 15 years, in which time we have helped many thousands of victims get the compensation to which they were entitled.
Date Published: 11th January 2014
Author: David Brown