Treat an electric shock – no win no fee* in Athelstaneford
If someone has suffered an electric shock, especially a severe one, then they will need to start receiving medical treatment as soon as possible. An electric shock can kill, but even if it doesn’t, the person can sustain very severe injuries, which can kill if not treated as soon as possible. Obviously the first thing you will do if you come across someone who has suffered an electric shock is to call an ambulance. But what can you do for the victim whilst you wait for the emergency services to arrive?
- Be safe. If the victim is still in touch with the source of electricity then you should not attempt to touch them, or you risk becoming shocked yourself. You should touch neither the victim nor the source of electricity. You are unlikely to be much help if you are also shocked!
- Shut off the power. Find out how to shut off the power and do so as quickly as possible, making sure that you don’t get a shock. Try to switch the power off at the mains rather than just flicking a plug switch, as if it is damaged you may still end up getting shocked.
- Call an ambulance. Once you are sure that the victim is no longer connected to the electricity source then take a moment and call for the emergency services. It is important that they get to the scene as quickly as possible.
- Check for pulse and breathing. If the victim is not breathing and there is no pulse, then you may need to perform CPR.
- Do not move the victim. In case there are any other injuries you don’t know about, don’t move the victim, simply keep them warm and calm until the ambulance arrives.
Claiming compensation on a no win no fee* Athelstaneford basis
The best way to make a claim for compensation, if you have had an accident which was not your fault, is through personal injury lawyers. This is because personal injury lawyers know the law better than you, and will be able to provide you with the support and advice you need throughout the process, to ensure that you have the easiest possible experience. Accident Advice Helpline has over 15 years’ experience with personal injury compensation claims, and works with experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyers to process no win no fee* in Athelstaneford compensation claims.
You can call the helpline 24/7 on 0800 689 0500 to speak to the team, and they will help you to decide whether or not you have a good case for a no win no fee* in Athelstaneford claim. If you do then you will be passed onto your own personal injury solicitor, who will work on a 100% no win no fee* in Athelstaneford basis to get you the compensation you deserve.