How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Who pays for compensation in Herefordshire?

    If you’ve been involved in a car accident, a work-related injury or another type of local incident which wasn’t your fault, you’re most probably wondering who it is who pays for compensation in Herefordshire.

    Who pays for compensation in Herefordshire?

    When it comes to all aspects of personal injury claims, we are the experts who can help you find the answers to your queries.

    You’re always welcome to call our 24/7 Freephone hotline and speak to one of our friendly advisors. But just in case you like reading up on the facts first, here’s a few common questions regarding who pays for compensation in Herefordshire.

    • If I get injured at work, will my boss have to cut into their profits to pay me?
      No, they won’t. This is due to a type of insurance known as employer’s liability insurance. Employers are required by law to purchase this in order to cover costs for illnesses and injuries sustained by their employees. An exception is sometimes motor accident injuries, as they can be covered alternatively by third party motorist insurance.
    • If I sue my local council for injuries I sustained from a cracked pavement, do my taxes pay towards my compensation?
      This is a debatable one. Directly, the answer is most likely no – councils can take out public liability insurance to cover such incidents. This insurance covers claims made by the general public or businesses, and encompasses most public places.Technically, you could say that your taxes pay towards the council’s insurance payments which in turn enable the company to pay you. But in terms of the full amount your compensation will cost, that’s coming directly from the company itself, not the council.

    Find out more by calling us today

    If you have any more questions regarding a personal injury claim, or want to ask for more information about the above, call us now on 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993.

    Date Published: 10th November 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.