How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Whiplash injury in Stansted

    Stansted is a village in Kent (not near the airport of the same name, which is in Essex). Its name means ‘stony place’, coming from the Old English words for these modern ones. The church of St Margaret in the village was probably built in the early 14th century, when the yew tree that is still standing outside the church porch was a mere 300 years old. There had been an earlier church on the site, historians suppose. Church Cottage is the oldest house in Stansted, and was probably built around the same time as the church for the use of a priest who would have come from nearby Wrotham to minister to the flock at Stansted. If you go for a walk along the country lanes near Stansted, keep an eye out for adders; you might not like them, and if you flee from one, it’s possible you might trip and ultimately suffer from a whiplash injury in Stansted.

    Have you suffered a whiplash injury in Stansted?

    Perhaps you are contemplating your bad luck because you were in the wrong place at the wrong time and were involved in a violent crime or an accident in which you sustained a whiplash injury in Stansted. If you can prove that you were a victim of the crime in which you sustained your whiplash injury in Stansted, or if you can prove that you were in no way to blame for the accident in which you were injured, you could be eligible to claim for that whiplash injury in Stansted.

    How long do I have to make my claim?

    If you were involved in a violent crime, and can prove that you did nothing to provoke the attack, you have two years from the date of the crime to file a claim with the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority. If you were involved in an accident in the UK, you normally have three years from its date to file a claim for injuries. You should, ideally, check exactly how long you have to file your claim, though as there might be a shorter limitation period for the type of accident that you were involved in. To find out how long you have left to claim for your injuries, call us at Accident Advice Helpline for this information as well as much more.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    Call us at Accident Advice Helpline on one of our freephone numbers at any time, as our freephone lines are open twenty-four hours a day, every day of the year with no exceptions. You can call us from a landline on 0800 689 0500, or, if you would prefer, call us from a mobile on 0333 500 0993. Pick up a phone and call now, as time may be running out for you to file your potential claim.

    Date Published: 5th September 2014

    Author: leva20

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.