How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Whiplash Injury in South Kensington

    There’s a lot to see in South Kensington and as it is well-served by public transport, it’s easy to get there. There are three of the biggest and most important museums there: the Victoria and Albert Museum, the Science Museum and the Natural History Museum (with a giant Tyrannosaurus Rex to delight children). You might be lucky enough to get tickets for the Proms, or one of the other concerts that regularly take place at the Albert Hall, which is also in South Kensington. Not forgetting Kensington High Street that is a well known shopper’s paradise. Don’t be distracted by those must-have items in shop windows though, or you might trip over your feet, collide with a lamppost and give yourself a whiplash injury in South Kensington.

    Did you Have a Whiplash Injury in South Kensington?

    Whoops! That lamppost shouldn’t have been there, but, if you do have a whiplash injury in South Kensington in an accident such as this, you would not be able to make a claim for your injury. To be able to file a personal injury compensation claim for a whiplash injury in South Kensington (or in any other place) you must be able to prove that the accident in which you sustained your injury was not your fault. You also have to be able to prove that it was the fault of another person.

    Accidents in Public Places

    If, for example, you tripped over an uneven surface, you might be able to prove (with the help of a personal injury lawyer) that the accident was caused because of negligence on the part of local authority officials. This is because the local authority is responsible for the maintenance of all roads and pavements in the area. They should all be well-maintained so that accidents do not occur.

    If you have an accident in the street, you should call the police who will inform the local authority if it was caused, for example, by a piece of broken paving. You should also call an ambulance as your medical report is needed if you make a personal injury compensation claim.

    If you have an accident in a building which is accessible to the public, such as a shop, museum, bank and so on, you should first of all inform a member of staff and call an ambulance. You should ensure that the details of the accident are logged in the accident book along with the contact details of any witnesses.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you believe that you have a potential personal injury compensation claim to file, but you really need help to do this, call us at Accident Advice Helpline at any time on one of our freephone numbers. Call 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile now, as the lines are always open.

    Date Published: 25th August 2014

    Author: leva20

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.