How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Whiplash injury in Shildon

    Shildon is a town in County Durham with close ties to the railway industry. The Stockton and Darlington railway established workshops in Shildon in 1825, and these were only closed in 1984. The town celebrates this long association with the railways in the Shildon Locomotion Museum which was opened in 2004 and is part of the National Railway Museum. The coal fields were another reason for Shildon’s expansion during the 18th and 19th centuries.

    Have you had a whiplash injury in Shildon?

    You don’t have to have been in a car accident to have sustained a whiplash injury in Shildon or elsewhere. You can get a whiplash injury if you were hit on the head or if you suffered a sudden impact which made your head move very violently (imitating the movement of a whip being cracked). You might have had a whiplash injury in Shildon, for example, if you were hit on the head from behind during the course of a crime, or if you were walking along the street when a flowerpot or a piece of masonry struck you. Whatever the type of accident you got your whiplash injury in Shildon in, you are probably wondering whether you can claim personal injury compensation for it.

    Claiming personal injury compensation

    If you have been injured in an accident you may be able to make a personal injury compensation claim if you can prove that the accident in which you got your injury was not your fault. You need to prove, with the help of your personal injury lawyer (if you need one, call us at Accident Advice Helpline), that another person was at fault, because there must be someone to file a claim against.

    You also need a copy of your medical report and the prognosis, as this will be used to assess the amount of compensation you will get for the pain, distress and suffering caused by your injury. You should have had immediate medical treatment after your accident.

    You may also be entitled to claim personal injury compensation if you have been diagnosed with an illness which can be proven to have been caused by another person’s negligence. This might be food poisoning after eating out, or perhaps a work-related illness.

    Open Claim Calculator

    You may have a maximum of three years to file a personal injury compensation claim, but for some injuries you must claim much sooner, sometimes within nine months, so to find out how long you have to file your claim, call us at Accident Advice Helpline now.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    Call us at Accident Advice Helpline at any time for expert legal advice and information about your potential claim. Call us on one of our numbers which are 0800 689 0500 for landlines, or 0333 500 0993 for mobiles. Why not call us now?

    Date Published: 14th August 2014

    Author: leva20

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.